Time for "2nd service"

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

anthony

Time for "2nd service"

Post by anthony »

in quotes because what exactly does this entail? I know I need to change the oil, oil filter, and gear oil (does it make a difference whether I use dino or synthetic at this point)? Probably clean the air filter (blow out with air compressor, do I need to add oil to it, and what kind of oil)? Check to make sure all bolts are tightened? General inspection of things....is that it? I ask because my dealer gave me a chart showing the different things they do for each maintenance interval. For the 2nd service, they show things like:

-Adjust Brakes/Cables
-Adjust idle
-Adjust steering
-Adjust throttle cable

as well as a list of things to generally inspect, that include damn near the entirety of the various scooter parts on the Buddy. I assume the above list of things to adjust actually means "inspect, and adjust if necessary" correct? This is my first time doing maintenance of a motorized vehicle, so I want to make sure I do everything right.

Thanks all.
Last edited by anthony on Sat May 18, 2013 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Shouldn't they have done all that on the First service? I just took mine to the dealer and they did everything. I think the second is just a fluid change/top off...
anthony

Post by anthony »

Yes, they did all of that for the first service. The service schedule they gave me shows that, in fact, everything they did for the first service is listed for the 2nd service as well. They don't seem shady, so I mostly trust them, but I'm guessing that "2nd service" really just amounts to the aforementioned oil changes, air filter cleaning, and checking of basic components...which is why I'm asking all of this. Basically, if I do the oil changes, clean the air filter, and make sure nothing's loose, I assume I'm probably good for another 2,000 miles. That and I wanted to confirm about dino vs. synthetic oil and ask whether cleaning the air filter amounts to using an air compressor on it and whether I need to add some oil to it.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Then your right. You could switch to synthetic if you want by now....