Corazzo Deals :)

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

JHScoot

Corazzo Deals :)

Post by JHScoot »

This place seems to have 'em. Limited styles, sizes, and colors. But someone might find something? Just thought I'd pass it along for the holidays :D

https://www.denniskirk.com/scooter/cora ... rel/20.ipp
Riding is riding
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Thanks for the post. I ordered myself a nice mesh jacket. Good price, too. Happy New Year.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

yeah looks like $144 total if i am not mistaken. actually thinking of getting one myself. just bought one elsewhere but they do have a grey / black in my size. just one left, though

and Happy New Year to you, as well. don't know if you are familiar with the Speedway if that is what you ordered? sure is nice, though. fabric feels good and its fairly lightweight. armor is not bulky and you can't "see" it through the jacket
Riding is riding
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Thanks for the tip! Fortunately, I hadn't totally burned my accounts down over Christmas and an electrical project on my sister's house, so I nabbed me some new scootin' threads! :D

Too bad I missed the Spend-A-Thon cutoff by about 18 hours... :roll:
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

the "closeout" prices have seemed to jump $16 to $160 since i posted this, and perhaps since you guys purchased? its not reflected on the main page yet, however

still a fairly solid deal imo. especially for the 5.0. seems the Speedway's are $190 on closeout daily at the Corazzo site
Riding is riding
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

JHScoot wrote:the "closeout" prices have seemed to jump $16 to $160 since i posted this, and perhaps since you guys purchased? its not reflected on the main page yet, however

still a fairly solid deal imo. especially for the 5.0. seems the Speedway's are $190 on closeout daily at the Corazzo site
I see. I think you're right on the price bump. I got mine for $144 and change about an hour and a half ago. The Speedway may not be as sweet of a deal as a 5.0, but it's a better deal than Corazzo's site for sure.

New boots for Christmas, got new Corazzo gloves in a raffle and just got a new jacket...hmm, might be time to start looking for a fresh modular helmet. :D
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I did get a Speedway Gray/Black and still for $144. Would have preferred Blue/White, but didn't have them for women, so gray it is. Hope it fits. Ordered up a size.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

Skippy wrote:I did get a Speedway Gray/Black and still for $144. Would have preferred Blue/White, but didn't have them for women, so gray it is. Hope it fits. Ordered up a size.
think the upsize will work out. i have my exact size and while a very good fit layering could pose a slight problem even with the waist adjustment tabs all the way "out." which is how i wear the jacket with a simple undershirt and thin shirt below

and if the jacket is a bit large for you one way or small another those adjustable waist tabs / straps are effective and well thought out. they do indeed cinch the waist and lower torso of the jacket back without ruining the cut or look of the jacket. everything remains smooth and form fitting yet with a custom waist adjustment. i would say on the XXL it has a good 5 inches total room for adjustment
Riding is riding
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

At last night's rally planning meeting, I was able to get a good look at a well-loved Corazzo 5.0 jacket. It generally seems to hold up well, but the velcro sleeve cuffs and neck closure are losing their ability to stick together. Not sure if this updated on newer jackets; it'd kinda stink that it'd need buttons or fresh velcro added later.

Anyone know if these fastenings are still velcro on the current 5.0 jackets?

JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

az_slynch wrote:At last night's rally planning meeting, I was able to get a good look at a well-loved Corazzo 5.0 jacket. It generally seems to hold up well, but the velcro sleeve cuffs and neck closure are losing their ability to stick together. Not sure if this updated on newer jackets; it'd kinda stink that it'd need buttons or fresh velcro added later.

Anyone know if these fastenings are still velcro on the current 5.0 jackets?
hmm

well this caused me to check the velcro on the Speedway. and yes the velcro seems to be of the standard variety. as in average and nothing which seems super durable compared to other velcro i have used. perhaps an oversight by a company which otherwise takes pains to use quality pieces in it's apparel?

the Speedway has none at the neck closure, however. it does have it at the adjustable waist straps. because of the design of the buckle it should not be a big issue if the velcro wears out. the sleeves, another matter

i think the good news is the velcro strips are just glued on. glued very well, but glued nonetheless. so it may pull off and replace pretty well. and if not it looks so thin you could stick some fresh velcro over it, or even some different sticky, grippy stuff which might hold up better. what exactly, i do not know?
Riding is riding
Syd

Post by Syd »

Have they made the arms any longer? I would have bought a Corazzo years ago but for the arm length. My 35" ape-like arms just don't fit. :cry:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

[/quote]
think the upsize will work out. i have my exact size and while a very good fit layering could pose a slight problem even with the waist adjustment tabs all the way "out." which is how i wear the jacket with a simple undershirt and thin shirt below

and if the jacket is a bit large for you one way or small another those adjustable waist tabs / straps are effective and well thought out. they do indeed cinch the waist and lower torso of the jacket back without ruining the cut or look of the jacket. everything remains smooth and form fitting yet with a custom waist adjustment. i would say on the XXL it has a good 5 inches total room for adjustment[/quote]

Received the jacket today. It fits fine at the waist and torso,but seems kind of large in the shoulders and looks like I have a hump back because of the armor in the back. This is my first armored jacket. Is this the way they all look? Not that I mind looking like Joan Crawford on a scooter, but...
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

pretty much, yeah. the look, i mean. some makers like this and go-go gear do their best not to bulk up the jacket or make the armor too apparent, but yes it still changes our shape somewhat. the hump in the back? not sure i have that but if so, meh. and remember that is removable, too. i had a sub $100 jacket i never wore before this one and the pads just show, period. no grace to it whatsoever

if your first riding jacket it may take some getting used to. if you truly believe it ill fitting i suppose a return or sale might be in order. but if you think the fit is right and just need to get used to wearing something that feels like a bullet proof jacket / vest, well, i wore mine around the house a bit. just to get the feel before i ride. i still ride with my other non riding jackets, but this one is getting the call more and more :)

joan crawford would have been a terror on a scooter! i don't know your body type, but it should at least look something like this, yes? looks like some different body types, here

this one seems roomy but still not too big for a riding jacket imo. i think personal preference in fit also makes a diff

Riding is riding
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Thanks for the pics. I think I'll keep it and give it a try. I would say it fits more like the last one (blue, roomy) as for the shoulders and upper arms, but I'll live with it. I think Crawford would have been a terror anywhere!
stASH

Post by stASH »

Personally, I would be a little wary of a loose fit in the shoulders and arms. If the armor can shift around and be pushed away from your shoulders or elbows it may not protect you very well in an accident. The blue jacket on the woman in the last picture of the previous post looks way too big to me.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

The Corazzos I've owned have all had slightly different shapes and fits depending on the style. Riding jackets are seldom a "one size (or cut) fits all" proposition. The Tempeste and Postino are best for me. The Max was a bit too loose in the shoulders. The Ventata fits like, well, like a mesh jacket should, probably—but not as comfortable as the first two.

Most riding gear goes for the inverted triangle fit: Narrow at the waist, roomy in the shoulders and chest. The less-fitted items such as touring jackets are often just boxy.

As I've learned from working with ScooterGirls/GoGo Gear and occasionally consulting on their designs, it's very difficult to build an armored jacket that works for all body sizes/types and doesn't add a lot of bulk. Having a variety of cuts and specific sizes is pricey.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

so i guess it would be fair to say the marketing of these jackets as not just safe but also fashion affects the advertising? if you want a perfect fit model for one of your collections you can easily find one. but not all same sized women are shaped the same, etc. so even if the size is right it can fit some differently, i suppose. something i am sure is taken into consideration. but if you want a custom fit buy yourself a custom jacket, i guess? at cost :(

in women's jackets i am sure bust size and hips and what not is taken into consideration, but in my experience with different shaped women fit can be an issue no matter what. so something like a riding jacket might be a challenge for some. especially with a "growing" population...

so far as the look and style? idk i see the ads and they seem accurate, but the models are small. and at go-go none of the ads say anything to any woman above a size 2-4. and 4 is optimistic. which is odd considering they are sized up at 16-24, too. but to sell a perfect fit most likely takes a "perfect" body. unfortunately for most :(

as for myself the fit at XXL is what i call ideal. not too tight, not too loose, its a long jacket and looks it. these are a couple shots i took. the first is meant to show a front view, standing straight with my shoulder back and arm behind me, jacket zipper all the way up and one long sleeve shirt worn below. to show the movement and fit of the jacket with a body in motion / contorted. you can see the material crinkle and the jacket ride up a bit on the left. its got "room" and is comfortable. comfort is important so a jacket need be that first imo. safe is a given, of course. i think if a jacket is cut to be adjustable at the waist and not TIGHT elsewhere a bit large is ok for a riding jacket. user skippy may have gone one size too big, as she did order one size larger. so maybe indeed it looks too big? but it doesn't mean it looks bad, and it doesn't mean it needs to look like the models in the ads. its a riding jacket. so let it be one. damn fashion to hell :)

i like my jacket and its fit. i'm 6'3, 240ish btw. so this is a XXL at that height and weight. i also tried on a go-go XXl hoodie and it was too tight. and judging by the ads it should not be tight at all. so if ordering online i would have had to send it back. i wear loose(r) hoodies. that one fit me snug and at the waist. didn't fit like ANY of my other XXL hoodies, and armor was not an issue

oh, and the Corazzo 5.0 leather. um, according to the advertising if my body ever qualifies for that, plz don't wake me! :rofl:
Attachments
Jc.jpg
Jc.jpg (22.23 KiB) Viewed 941 times
0109131047-00xf.jpg
0109131047-00xf.jpg (23.63 KiB) Viewed 941 times
Riding is riding
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

now i'm thinking this jacket looks big :roll: :roll:
Riding is riding
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Thanks everyone for the helpful advice. i'm operating in a vacuume here as there aren't other scooter riders in my area and i've been riding only a couple of months. I had shoulder surgery 1 day after getting the jacket so it will have to wait until the summer for me to try it out.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Two weeks with my blue/red Speedway and I love it. Much more comfortable than stuffing a fleece inside my mesh jacket. :lol:

tang_28

Post by tang_28 »

Just order a new speedway jacket on ebay for $142.00
Stormswift

Post by Stormswift »

My 1st jacket, mesh Fidldsheer fit great. Still does even though I am at least a size smaller now. Velcro at the hips helps.Seconds jacket was uber expensive leather Scorpion Elektra. It is large size then I need but it is for cold weather and I can fit heavy sweater under it if needed. Newest jacket to replace Fieldsheer mesh is Apinestars. It fits like a glove everywhere but is a bit tighter then I would have preferred in the chest area. However, this is the only jacket I own that has chest protectors do I have to remember extra armour does affect the fit. I know the recommendation is to not have loose fitting jackets but Scorpion wors for me because it has room for layering.
I thing like with many things there is a " recommend " fit and than there is preference.
I am not a scooter snob.
I am a scooter connoisseur
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

This is another fun discussion. I luv all the pics of scooter girls: no stilettos, no legs in air. I armour up for a variety of sports so I get the need.
My 1st scooter jacket felt stiff, and, as I hoped, it softened up with wear. I just purchase another jacket a size larger because last fall I wanted to ride, and found myself putting a vest/jacket/sweater on under or over and thought the fit and function compromised . It's :!: part of the learing curve for me: learning how to dress for safety, visability, comfort and appearance.
Long story short: I'm developing a quiver of gear: jackets, helmets, gloves ..... kinda fun, as I develop my preferences.
:idea: Given the frostbite cheeks I experienced 2 Sat. ago (not while on the scoot) I think protecting my facial skin will be the next equipment challenge.
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

anthony

Post by anthony »

avonpirate wrote:Given the frostbite cheeks I experienced 2 Sat. ago (not while on the scoot) I think protecting my facial skin will be the next equipment challenge.
A good balaclava goes a long way.