Freeze Your Balls Off 14 - Durham, North Carolina

Info on scooter gatherings of all types & sizes

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

BootScootin'FireFighter

Freeze Your Balls Off 14 - Durham, North Carolina

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

http://freezeyourballsoff.wordpress.com/

January 18-20 (Martin Luther King JR weekend). Supposedly another popular East Coast rally. I expect to ride down from DC, pending no snow in the forecast. I don't get down with snow or freezing rain.
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

had an awesome time! Thanks to the Incriminators Scooter Club, of Durham NC. A great showing by Seven Hills SC of RVA, love you guys! It was a very brutal trip south, much of the Richmond metro and southern Virginia got hit with about 3 inches of snow the night before, so it was a little nerve-racking first seeing the wet roads in the morning. Not as cold as it could've been, but I stayed plugged in (heated gloves) for the duration of the 260 mile trip. The battery was pretty depleted after most of the way, so I had to kickstart it for most of the weekend. I met up with another rider at RVA from up my way, had lunch, then we split up again. He was on a motorcycle taking the interstate. I got in around 5pm, having left home around 8. The trip home was a lot more tolerable. low to mid 50s, sunny, dry. I left around 9:40, having to had missed the Sunday brunch. Return trip was 6 hrs 15 mins, skipping Richmond this time for a few miles longer trip, but all rural roads. Virginia is a beautiful state, all year round, and it was a blast to cross right through the middle of it on US-15. I made it close to home for my first big meal at Panera Bread and was back in a short run of suburbia as it got dark.

The rally was a ton of fun! We had a meet and greet Friday night at a local pool hall followed by an optional midnight ride. Saturday was a big brunch, bike show, and either a fast paced ride or a city ride. The party was at two local spots downtown Saturday night, then brunch on Sunday. I heard there was quite a bit more shenanigans by the Richmond crowd later on that I had to miss. Great rally, great way to break up the winter blues!

I didn't really "freeze my balls off" until today. It's finally down to the single digit wind chills and I had to go 30 miles from home to pick up Julies scooter and ride it back home. Stopped almost halfway to meet a co-worker for soup and a beer.

Here's a photo before todays local adventure. Single digit wind chills, multiple layers!
Attachments
IMG_2900.jpg
IMG_2900.jpg (101.24 KiB) Viewed 646 times