Am I crazy… 170i with 871miles seems to be going faster…!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

CTB170i

Am I crazy… 170i with 871miles seems to be going faster…!

Post by CTB170i »

I've been riding my Buddy 170i for roughly 4 weeks now. It's my daily commuter, round trip everyday 20 miles. The trip includes some steep hills (obviously climbing and downhill).

I noticed today, it's going noticeably faster with less throttle especially during the climb uphill and running quieter (less engine strain) on the flats at 55 BPH.

I know it will go faster after break-in over 1500 miles, but I only have 871 miles… Am I crazy, being too optimistic (like the speedo)… :wha:

Has anyone experienced this at, or close to same miles I have…?
Newbie Scooterist
Buddy 170i
skully93

Post by skully93 »

iit's fairly normal for it to slowly open up. Hopefully that means it will just open a little more at 1500 :P
Syd

Post by Syd »

I noticed that with my SYM HD200. Though it was at about 2000 miles, one day it was even faster than it had been. My old Fiddle II took until about 4000 miles, but it too just changed seemingly overnight.

I kinda shudder to think what'll happen to my BV350 in a couple thousand miles - I'm already ticket-able!
The majority is always sane - Nessus