Is GoGo Gear still in business? Hope so.

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Syd

Is GoGo Gear still in business? Hope so.

Post by Syd »

Channel surfing for something watchable I came across the GoGo Gear visit to Shark Tank. So I looked up GoGo Gear online an saw just the 2011 -2012 line and a blog entry from back in October '12.. Hope they are still around. Lately my style tends towards H-Viz Yellow, but I hate to see a good idea fade away.

Anybody know (read:Eric - :) )?
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

I just got a Cafe mesh jacket from GoGo two weeks ago.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

The web site is up so I guess they are still in business.
however I never got past the lady models face to look
at the clothing line. I am old, not dead!!! :wink: And
Ravenlore just got an order so I would asume that they
that they are in business. :)
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

Yep, still in business. I send an email bugging them about a future product they announced on Facebook a few months ago: An ARMOURED Harrington jacket! They say it is still on track, but not quite ready to be released.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

oh yeah. Arlene updates frequently on the GoGoGear facebook, which probably gets more press than the actual website.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

looks to me like they have two sites, or at least one old page up and an updated site, as well

old

http://www.scooter-girls.com/

new, with $25 shipping to Europe. which is the market the owners said they wanted to crack when they went on shark tank

http://www.gogogearla.com/

then there is this

http://gogogear.com/

do i smell some sort of lawsuit, here? more like "nonogear" if you ask me

:shock:
Riding is riding
Syd

Post by Syd »

Thanks for the verification, folks. Glad they are still go go going.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

They even have new product coming out soon (I hope), with a new men's jacket that I very much want.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
cdwise

Post by cdwise »

I was really hoping Arlene and crew would be at Amerivespa this year. I enjoyed meeting them and seeing their jackets in person at Amerivespa San Antonio. I've bought 2 jackets, gloves and some other stuff since as a result.

They will also do custom hoodies for clubs and I think they'd have done a good deal of business if they had brought Amerivespa hoodies to San Diego. Even though I already have a GoGo Gear hoodie if they had been there with an Amerivespa logo'd one I'd have bought another.
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

ericalm wrote:They even have new product coming out soon (I hope), with a new men's jacket that I very much want.
I actually just pinged them with a suggestion for a jacket style that I'd very much like to purchase. Seems to me that there has to be demand for a good M-51 fishtail parka reproduction with kevlar reinforcement and body armor that comes in a nice OD.
kooky scientist

Post by kooky scientist »

Yes, they are still going. I recently bought a men's military style jacket. A back seam ripped on it and they promptly replaced. Great looking stuff !
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

slotrod65 wrote:Yep, still in business. I send an email bugging them about a future product they announced on Facebook a few months ago: An ARMOURED Harrington jacket! They say it is still on track, but not quite ready to be released.
Great googly moogly, I can't wait for this to be a reality. I predict that will be a big seller if marketed properly.
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

OK, I knew I saw something on Facebook about this: GoGo Gear, Feb 6th entry:

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 1300_n.jpg

An Armoured Harrington jacket, with mention of an Armored Fishtail Parka in development.

When I emailed Arlene about the Harrington a few weeks ago, she mentioned that they needed to gather a certain amount of minimum orders from a few of their dealers to get the ball rolling. I would love to have one of each!

BTW: I have one of their Armoured Hoodies, and absolutely love it.

https://www.facebook.com/GoGoGearLA?fref=ts
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

I'm certainly getting one once they're available.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

slotrod65 wrote:

I 2nd, or 3rd, or whatever that. I love my armored hoodie. it's been great for these 90-100 degree days.
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

skully93 wrote:
slotrod65 wrote:

I 2nd, or 3rd, or whatever that. I love my armored hoodie. it's been great for these 90-100 degree days.
i will 4th AND 5th that. I <3 my hoodie, and my sister is getting by with hers in the same heat skully's describing.
KeLynn

Post by KeLynn »

Holy moly, I'm a lady and I want that Harrington - hope they make it small enough for us too!

I have the black trench right now and I love it.
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

knew it was only a matter of time for Fashionista KeLynn to show up here :lol:
Riding is riding
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

gar1013 wrote:
ericalm wrote:They even have new product coming out soon (I hope), with a new men's jacket that I very much want.
I actually just pinged them with a suggestion for a jacket style that I'd very much like to purchase. Seems to me that there has to be demand for a good M-51 fishtail parka reproduction with kevlar reinforcement and body armor that comes in a nice OD.
There's really not much demand for that. The Mods are in the far minority of scooterists around the world and most of them wouldn't pony up $200+ for an armored, kevlar lined fishtail.

Armadillo makes one that's closer to a N3-B: http://armadilloscooterwear.com/collect ... immy-parka

Not cheap at all at £199.00!

They lost their US distributor a few years ago and no one's picked up the line again because it sold so poorly here. I think they do okay in the UK, but you'd be surprised at how small the scooter market is there all things considered. Both the new Vespa PX and the Stella 4T sold in fairly small numbers there. The market favors the modern commuter scooters.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

ericalm wrote:There's really not much demand for that. The Mods are in the far minority of scooterists around the world and most of them wouldn't pony up $200+ for an armored, kevlar lined fishtail.
I happily have no idea what you're talking about.
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

ericalm wrote:There's really not much demand for that. The Mods are in the far minority of scooterists around the world and most of them wouldn't pony up $200+ for an armored, kevlar lined fishtail.

Armadillo makes one that's closer to a N3-B: http://armadilloscooterwear.com/collect ... immy-parka
Unfortunately, the Armadillo isn't a fishtail, and I can only seem to find black. Ugh.

At any rate, I did have an interesting email exchange with Arlene that indicates that such a product is closer to reality than I had previously hoped for. 8)

I'd say also that a fishtail is a good design for sitting upon a scooter. Sort of like how suits have a single or double vent.
KeLynn

Post by KeLynn »

JHScoot wrote:knew it was only a matter of time for Fashionista KeLynn to show up here :lol:
Haha! I'm perfectly alright with that being my title. :wink: