Buddy Italia Blinkers won't blink

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

dbedke

Buddy Italia Blinkers won't blink

Post by dbedke »

I just got my first scooter, the Buddy Italia 150, and I'm very excited about it. I picked it up used and there are a few minor bugs that I have to get worked out. The turn signals light up but they don't blink. I've done a little research and have seen the voodooscooter video about installing a new universal flasher relay but two problems: 1. they are out of business and 2. I haven't changed the bulbs to LED they are still the stock ones. Will changing the relay fix my problem or could it be something else???
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Was the scooter bought new from a dealer or used?

The issue is still probably the relay—there's one in there somewhere, but I'm not sure where it's located. Inside the legshield, probably.

You can get a replacement for the OEM one from Scooterworks.com. If they don't list it online, call them. They're very helpful!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

Before you go too crazy - is the battery good? If the battery is weak, the blinkers ... won't. On the other hand, if your scoot starts via the electric starter, the battery's probably fine.

The flasher relay is indeed up under the front cowl, and is very easy to get to.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I believe this is the part.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…