Shad SH 46 Top Case

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

skipper20

Shad SH 46 Top Case

Post by skipper20 »

Anbody have any experience with this top case? I'm looking to replace the el-cheapo no-name case on my Honda Reflex 250 for one that I can do some serious touring with but with a simpler latching/locking system like the 35.5 case that came with my Buddy 170i. I had a Givi case on another scooter a few years back but the rear latch and lock were so fiddly and overly complex that I thought seriously about sawing them off and replacing with a simple hardware store type latch. So, if anyone else believes that simpler is better I'd like to have your input. TIA,

Bill in Seattle but wintering in AZ
'12 170i Italia "The Olive Pit"
skully93

Post by skully93 »

I have to shads, a 29 and a 48. Both are great, have lots of extras available if you spend more $$, etc.

Givi is top of the line, but Shad seems to be great.
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

skully93 wrote:I have to shads, a 29 and a 48. Both are great, have lots of extras available if you spend more $$, etc.

But does it have the simpler latching mechanism as does the color-matched 35.5 case that came with my 170i Italia?

Bill in Seattle bur wintering in AZ
skipper20

Post by skipper20 »

skully93 wrote:I have to shads, a 29 and a 48. Both are great, have lots of extras available if you spend more $$, etc.

I think my decision was just made for me. In today's mail, Genuine Scooter sent me a Scooter Works $300 gift card apparently as a reward for purchasing my new 170i Italia this past December. The Buddy dealer didn't mention that that would happen at the time we made the deal so it was a nice surprise. Anyway, in perusing the Scooter Works website I see that they have a 42L Soft Italia case and with lock and backrest it would come to just over $300 + shipping. The lock appears to the non-fiddly type, just like the one on my 170i's 35.5 top case, so it looks like it's going to be a Soft Italia 42 for my Honda Reflex 250. Thanks!

Bill in Seattle but wintering in AZ