Time to bling up the Buddy 50

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

DudeDog

Post by DudeDog »

I finally received my $200 gift card to Scooterworks yesterday. So I have two somewhat-noob questions...

I ordered the Italia soft topcase. I thought it would come with everything I would need to mount it on the back of the Buddy. But I had to get a rear rack. I trust the advice I got from Scooterworks, but anyone have experience mounting one?

Also, I passed on getting a windshield. I've had scooters for about 7 years but none ever had a windshield. Is the 100 bucks worth it, or will it just be like a sail mounted on the front of the scoot?

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

Installing a rear rack (from the Technical Library forum): topic1358.html

Windshield is a matter of preference. I don't like 'em as they add extra weight to the handlebars (less fun to throw around). However, my Elite came with a huge one which I've been enjoying this winter (keeps the freezing air off me).
TVB

Post by TVB »

Personally I don't see much use for a windshield on a 50cc, where headwind isn't as much of a factor as it would be at 60mph.
ironmask

Post by ironmask »

I have a windshield on my Buddy 50cc and it definitely helps with the wind factor and also occasional bugs slapping you in the face... I thought I would lose some speed with it being on but it seems to do ok... I personally like it also because when caught in the rain it helps keep some of the rain from soaking you instantly... I am sure it may cut down on the MPG some... but hey.. $4.00 to fill up is not that bad considering I travel alot on mine and it still seems to do pretty well for me... I also have a storage bin on the back.. I would have to go out and look to see the brand name but that was around $100 bucks as well.. I got my stuff from the Scoot Richmond shop which has a plethora of accessories and a wonderful staff... especially the cutie that owns it! ;)
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I've been waiting for my Scooterworks gift card since I purchased in Mid-Nov. When did you purchase? Wasn't it supposed to be $300?
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Are they doing a spring bling for 2013?
DudeDog

Post by DudeDog »

Skippy - the gift card is $200 if you bought a 50cc scooter, $300 for the larger ones.

I just got my gift card last week and I bought my scooter the last week of November. Yours should be coming pretty soon.
DudeDog

Post by DudeDog »

*** Update ***

I bought the windshield yesterday.

I read a lot of posts about pros and cons of the windshield. Looks to me like the pros outweight the cons by a decent margin.