little cover

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

issue31

little cover

Post by issue31 »

:roll: What is the best way to take off the plastic panel below the seat so I can get at the spark plug with out breaking any tabs off? Do you squeeze both sides in, slide it left or right, or myself forbid pry it off with a screwdriver. It is on a Buddy 125 and a 170. I do not know just how good the plastic is on scooters. thanks a lot issue31
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

Not certain of the precise procedure, but I'd recommend checking the service manual. It's available on the site:

topic17349.html
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

You can try pressing the tabs — not prying them — with a flathead screwdriver. That's sort of what I do with any of these tabbed plastics.

That said, I have broken off a headset tab on a Buddy, as much due to impatience as too much force.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
skully93

Post by skully93 »

you too, Eric? I was replacing a brake lever and bent the tar out of mine...

the spark plug cover area is pretty easy, just press in a little on the tabs. they can take some pressure.
Last edited by skully93 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Remove the screws. Look under the floor mat. :)