(edit) New Stella 4T Owner

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mfavata

(edit) New Stella 4T Owner

Post by mfavata »

Just thought I'd post a little intro thread to let everyone know how excited I am for the Stella 4T I'm picking up this Saturday. I'll be driving two hours to my nearest dealer, and everything is set and ready to go, fully financed! I'll be using her to commute three miles back and forth to work during the week, and I am sure many, many scenic drives on the weekend. I'm really glad I came across this forum to I am prepared for any possible wiring/EVAP issues I may come across. I'll be sure to post some pics as soon as I have her!
Last edited by mfavata on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamisfoes

Post by jamisfoes »

Congratulations! I remember how excited I was when I got the Stella home last year. Keep an eye out for a milk crate in the meantime to go with that inevitable rear rack you will buy in the near future. :)
mfavata

Post by mfavata »

Oh I've already been pricing out racks! Gotta get a few payments taken care of before I start on accessories.
magnato1

Post by magnato1 »

Nice, congrats, that is awesome. Got mine in October, I ride everyday, it's a blast.

Are you riding home from the dealer?

What color?
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Congrats on your new bike! What color are you getting?
Plus I got another question for you..

you said in part..." I am prepared for any possible wiring/EVAP issues I may come across"

Can you tell us what you have done to prepare for the EVAP issue ??? have you bought a 2t gas cap??.
thanks alot.. and good luck with your new scooter??
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
mfavata

Post by mfavata »

I am getting a white model, as it is what the dealer has in stock. I am not riding home from the dealer, sadly. I'm going to be bringing it back in my cargo van. I'm not prepared for a 120 mile ride in 40 degree weather.

By being prepared for possible EVAP issues, I guess I just meant that I am aware they happen and if I were to suffer from EVAP stalling, I would know how to remedy the situation. I haven't bought a 2t cap yes, and it doesn't seem like everyone has the problem, and I don't feel like spending any money I don't have to at the moment.
rondothemidget

Post by rondothemidget »

No EVAP issues and no 2T gas cap for me; maybe because mine is white???
mfavata

Post by mfavata »

So I've been a Stella owner for about a week, but the weather hasn't exactly been very cooperative. Here are some pics of when I loaded her out of the van and leaving on my first ride! Love it!

Stilts

Post by Stilts »

Got mine a few weeks ago, got licensed on Sunday, and have already put 200 miles on it. Don't let the cold keep you down. That's what layers are for.

Speaking of which, nice DRI jacket :)
Heather

Post by Heather »

If you're interested in a rear rack I found this online
Http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4 ... c=50&rt=nc

I just bought one from them, hopefully it comes soon. I had reservations with getting anything from eBay but it was a great deal and they had Good ratings.
mfavata

Post by mfavata »

Thanks. I painted that on the back my leather jacket about 15 years ago. I want to see if I can find some sort of reflective white paint to touch it up with now that I'm wearing the jacket to ride with.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

With rear rack, make sure it fits the 4T! Some do not or require modification to fit. Most require some slight seat modification.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…