New Blur 220 Owner

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

karl utrecht

New Blur 220 Owner

Post by karl utrecht »

Just want to introduce myself...I just picked up a white Blur 220 the other day...it only had 512 miles on it!

So far I've put approx 200 miles on it, including a 68 mile lunch ride. What a blast!

Got a windscreen, rear rack and a 35 liter topcase for it, and have ordered a couple of body parts that were scratched up from the previous owner, plus the original decals and Blur labels. The previous rider seemed to think that the decals and stickers made the scooter less than perfect, I guess. I've also put an Alaskan sheepskin on the seat.

I'll write more of my experiences later, but it sure has made a good first impression on me. I'll post some photos of it as we'll...right now the spring winds have been howling around here!

Karlu
Las cruces, nm
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM
ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

I saw a phone video taken in Roswell this afternoon and was appalled.

That's some truly awful dust.
karl utrecht

Appalled

Post by karl utrecht »

Yeah, we just saw Deming, NM blowing by! Tomorrow is supposed to be a breeze of 10 mph!

By the way, my wife was just up there in your country at the airport, and NW into Wisconsin...where she grew up. Her response to the cold and snow was not too nice! I guess it's all a matter of what you get used to.

We've been out here for the past ten and a half years, so we're ALMOST used to the spring winds from March thru April. We came here from Michigan and we were both tired of the white stuff and humidity in the summer.

Karlu
Las cruces, nm
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM
Vortechs

Post by Vortechs »

The spring winds were really howling up here in the Albuquerque area too.

I look forward to seeing your comments on the Blur 220i. I got a used Blur 150 a couple months ago and I've considered moving up to a 220i when I'm more confident in my riding skills.
2012 silver Buddy 170i & 2006 graphite/orange Blur 150
karl utrecht

Photos

Post by karl utrecht »

Here are a couple of photos I took this morning during my morning ride. This is by the plaza in Old Mesilla, NM where the Butterfield stagecoaches stopped long ago.
Attachments
DSCN0782.jpg
DSCN0782.jpg (68.62 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
DSCN0783.jpg
DSCN0783.jpg (68.98 KiB) Viewed 1202 times
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Welcome, Karl! The Blur is great, I got one of the first 150s they imported and I still love it. Actually it was stolen and I'm on my second one!

No problem at all to introduce yourself here in "General Discussion" (and this is where most of the chatty/social stuff goes on) but I just wanted to make sure you saw we have a Blur-specific section, so you might want to say hi there, too, some of the Blur-heads might not read the General Discussion section, and of course it's best to post Blur-specific ideas and questions and stories there so the Blur fans see 'em.

Again, welcome, enjoy your Blur, I know you will!
Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Rush

Post by Rush »

What topcase is that?
karl utrecht

Topcase

Post by karl utrecht »

It's a Soft Italia 35 liter...got it from Scooterworks.

Karlu

Las cruces, nm
Karlu
Las Cruces, NM
still shifting

Post by still shifting »

I wish there were secondary roads between Albuquerque and L C. Maybe I will scoot down there one day anyway. R