Any one else had a long srting of small annoyances lately?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

still shifting

Any one else had a long srting of small annoyances lately?

Post by still shifting »

Where to start? The top box key broke in the lock. My land line ceased to ring, tho the phone functioned other wise. A 125 gallon aquarium in the living room started a slow leak (it is about 15 years old). Then the battery on the Riva got a little recalcitrant and it is not old. and I could go on... Still as a friend of mine says "if all your problems can be solved by money you are very fortunate..." Got to go to work to make a little money. R
Rush

Post by Rush »

The world is broken.
VinylDoctor

Post by VinylDoctor »

Rush wrote:The world is broken.
then we are screwed. the maintiance man hasnt been seen in over 2000 years.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Ummm Yeah... a 4 year old nephew who insist on playing X box all day instead of playing outside, and my grand's insistance of eating McDonals ice cream cones though she has 1 kidney and is on in-home dialyisis...
Syd

Post by Syd »

VinylDoctor wrote:
Rush wrote:The world is broken.
then we are screwed. the maintiance man hasnt been seen in over 2000 years.
We can't call Maintenance. Our support expired in '99.
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Mutt the Hoople

Post by Mutt the Hoople »

Printers.
Closet avalanche
My upstairs neighbors sex life, (I thought it was shoes in his washing machine.... At first) :?
96 Decibel Freaks
wschmechel

Post by wschmechel »

F-it. Take your top case off and ride. It'll take your mind off of everything else.

Besides, how do you know the landline isn't working? Maybe people just aren't calling you! :D
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

wschmechel wrote:F-it. Take your top case off and ride. It'll take your mind off of everything else.

Besides, how do you know the landline isn't working? Maybe people just aren't calling you! :D
Oh their calling him,...... its what their calling him that's the problem. :P
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

After the day I have had today I wont even touch this subject! :roll:
gr8dog

Post by gr8dog »

Last Monday my wife lost her job. Two days later we find out her mother has cancer. Our basement had water in it after spending twenty thousand dollars in 2011 to have it fixed. The rear tire on my Tmax was flat even though it was fine when I put it up last fall. I can't get Buddy out of the shed because the ground is so soggy. More rain tonight. There's more but I think that is enough.
az_slynch

Re: Any one else had a long srting of small annoyances latel

Post by az_slynch »

still shifting wrote:Then the battery on the Riva got a little recalcitrant and it is not old.
If it makes you feel any better, my Riva "ate" a 4-month old Yuasa battery. Thinking of getting a gel cell for it, as our low humidity winters and large temp swings are really hard on batteries.

I brought my old Audi's battery in to recycle at a Sears. The staff hadn't seen one like it! One of the old timers recognized the branding and he explained it to the kids there. It was 11 years old when it finally pooped out and liquid batteries here only seem to make it 2-3 years max without fastidious maintenance. :lol:
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...