Rush's Blur

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Rush

Rush's Blur

Post by Rush »

Love the Blur! Wife is only 4'11" She wanted the ergos (seat height) of the Honda Rebel and the ease of a scooter.

Before: :)
(LED strips on front, middle and rear, deadlights connected, lollypops removed, rear tire guard removed, white reflective tape on rims, mirrors, other select areas, oem windshield and luggage rack, calvin&hobbes rear fender decor, genuine stickers removed, 14g dr pulley sliders)

After: :D

Time to Americanize it. 27" seat height. 1 seater w backrest. Easy to countersteer, easy to lean into turns (previously I wanted to counter balance every turn) way low center of gravity. Who needs a silly helmet compartment and room for a passenger anyway?

(SV650 seat, Michelin SC Pilot Sport Rear Tire, icon tank bag, several fairings removed)

Future: :?:
Need to cut the gas tank cover to fit under the seat, would like larger gas tank. Got a autobot/tron avatar to stick on the rear fender. Gonna install some blue leds in the frontcluster. Maybe remove some more fairing to allow for lower/forward handlebar position and footpegs/framesliders/crash bars. That will nessistate new headlight/turnsignal design. Perhaps move all the electrical to the area below the seat. May go to 13g sliders.

Soapbox: :shock:
Genuine/PGO - wanna sell more Blur? Tinker w the ergos and allow people to customize the heck out of it like the Ruckus. 220cc versus 50cc no contest.

Genuine should be ALL ABOUT CUSTOMIZATION AND AFTERMARKET. :idea:
Rush

Post by Rush »

Followup-

So I bolted on some foot pegs to the bottom support of the Blur and wasn't happy. Put the stock seat back on. I really enjoy the tall seat for looking over traffic. My body type is probably average for an Asian man at 5'6-7" so the stock ergonomics work well for me.

Conclusion-

Scooters are designed to be plug and play. Wrenching and modifications are better left to the motorcycles.
docjones

Post by docjones »

Well Rush I'm glad to hear you put the stock seat back on. The Blur is one of the best looking scoots anywhere and without that stock seat your scoot was just plain ugly. I'm also 5' 7" and the Honda Reflex fits me perfect. My wife at 5 foot even can also flat foot on the Reflex. I'm just saying.