Girls don't like my shad

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

iamryan25

Girls don't like my shad

Post by iamryan25 »

So, I've had two ladies in two weeks complain that the top case makes it hard to get on and off the scooter.

I've also tried putting the girls on first an then getting on the scooter, I've tried standing forward so there is more room, etc etc... the complaint has driven me to remove the shad.

I've had my share of ladies on the back of my Buddy in the past, but as a bachelor, I took the hint and decided to ditch the SHAD.

I'm even considering putting the plastic grab bar back on instead of the rear rack and adding a wire basket to the front (I used to have a front rack on my last buddy and never really used it.)
JHScoot

Post by JHScoot »

only one thing to do

put the girls in the shad :lol:
Riding is riding
iamryan25

Post by iamryan25 »

JHScoot wrote:only one thing to do

put the girls in the shad :lol:
YES!
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

I wish I had your problem...
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Or date only women (I've reached the age where the term girl is wider reaching than I would like) that have their own scooters :P
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

The problem is the Buddy isn't really built for 2 up riding. You can do it but it's a tight fit. instead of removing the top case why not try and find a different back rack? Would be nice if a company made a BBQ rack like for the PX/ Stellas for Buddies. Although it may look a bit odd....
iamryan25

Post by iamryan25 »

I'm ready to find my scooter queen that has her own, that would be ideal. I'd then put the black jack seat on my red buddy. You're right about riding double on the buddy, its primarily a solo rider's vehicle. I'll see how they like it without the SHAD. I wonder if they'll miss their backrest. Cheers!
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

What is a SHAD?
iamryan25

Post by iamryan25 »

JohnKiniston wrote:What is a SHAD?
As GIVI is a top case manufacturer, so is SHAD.

SHAD cases are very comparable in quality to GIVI cases.

So, it's the locking case that installs to the rear rack.
iamryan25

Post by iamryan25 »

My boss mentioned I'll need a place for the ladies to put their purse, so I think the front black metal basket is going on for that function alone. Maybe a cargo net over the top. Yeah!
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

When members of the fairer sex are ridingpillionyou they should not be leaning back against anything.

It is absolutly essential that you tell them to hang on to YOU. Start out slowly...then give a little wiggle until you hear the gasp in your ear.

The result is a lovley lady pressing tightly against you excited by a bit of adrenaline!

And people wonder why I love riding so much! :mrgreen:
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
siobhan

Post by siobhan »

iamryan25 wrote:My boss mentioned I'll need a place for the ladies to put their purse, so I think the front black metal basket is going on for that function alone. Maybe a cargo net over the top. Yeah!
A cargo net is a MUST if using a front basket. Don't ask me how I know :oops:

I eventually removed the basket. It's not as functional as you'd think.

You really should consider classin' it up a bit. How 'bout a milkcrate with a pillow bungied as a backrest?
iamryan25

Post by iamryan25 »

Front basket installed. Cargo net installed. Tested on the drive home with my hat in the front basket. The hat hung out against the net at the top of the basket due to the wind pushing it up and out. So happy to have that net. Considering a second net and keeping the rear rack. Kinda like the idea of having the grab bar instead for making it easier to throw legs over the seat.... but I've already got the rack on there. I'm diggin' the basket. Will report with the ladies responses. Until next time...
avonpirate

Post by avonpirate »

We are talking about scoots aren't we????Why is she lifting her leg?? (no, don't tell me)IMHO: she gets on as if to drive and then scoots back to the end of the seat near your topcase. A long skirt might complicate things, a mini might make it a very exciting trip: if not for you then for the 'lookieloos.'... or for her.

Complaining???? put out a larger net, go through the catch and pitch the complainers. Life is too short to complicate yours with high maintance.
I'm just saying what are your priorities??? 8)
She with the most 'used' toys wins.

Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Now I know what a SHAD is. At first I thought we were discussing a personal problem. :rofl: Tell the ladies to wear jeans and put the purses
under the seat. Problem solved. :lol:
iamryan25

Post by iamryan25 »

Wolfhound wrote:Now I know what a SHAD is. At first I thought we were discussing a personal problem. :rofl: Tell the ladies to wear jeans and put the purses
under the seat. Problem solved. :lol:
If they already have a skirt on I don't know that I'm going to go and ask them to put on jeans instead. I understand the idea of safety...

Under the seat works, I've got quite a bit in there already. Maybe I can par down what I keep in my pet carrier.

Cargo net over front basket looks pretty cool, I didn't think I'd like it better than my old buddy w a front chrome rack, but I do.

On a side note, the rear rack is more difficult to use with the SHAD mounting plate still on it. The SHAD is going away Tuesday.
Keys

Post by Keys »

I'd be glad to take the Shad off your hands...
"Life without music would Bb"
Snap

Post by Snap »

Sounds like an easy choice to make
peabody99

Post by peabody99 »

I'll be happy to take your Shad. I'm already looking for ways to make my Helix even more controversially unattractive :D
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

You could always go for the DIY Sidecar.

People refer to Helix's as recliners on wheels

I so want to do this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffiB_uoVx1E
iamryan25

Post by iamryan25 »

Success! Not only did the girls like riding but they're closer than they were with the case on the back. Now I'm considering cowl protectors with passenger foot rests. I know about them catching the legs, but it might be worth it in protection and passenger comfort.