What to carry in your Stella

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

gar1013

What to carry in your Stella

Post by gar1013 »

So it's starting to occur to me that there are some items that you should always have with you in the glove box.

Naturally, the tool kit that comes with the bike comes to mind, but what else? Any particular size socket set that'd be suggested? Spare tubes? I'm thinking from the perspective of what would allow you to limp home at a minimum, or at least make it to a safe place to leave the bike.
Stitch

Post by Stitch »

Extra spark plugs.
"Stella" is Latin for "use threadlocker on all fasteners"
JohnKiniston

Post by JohnKiniston »

Allow me to direct you to the topic I created a while back about such things:

topic24667.html
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

JohnKiniston wrote:Allow me to direct you to the topic I created a while back about such things:

topic24667.html
Very cool. What size wrenches and sockets do you suggest?
Goldfishpimp

Post by Goldfishpimp »

On sort of a side note...

When mounting my new tires, I noticed that my 4T Stella has different sized lug stud nuts... The front had 10mm nuts and the rear had 12mm nuts (if I remember correctly). Thought that that was kind of weird.

Is this normal... or do I have a "Special Edition" :D ... Not a huge deal, just have to carry an extra socket. If it's not normal, I'll stop by the dealer and ask for a matching set next time I'm in the area.
2strokes4ever

Post by 2strokes4ever »

I carry the oem tool kit, because it has a spark plug socket. I also carry tools to get to and clean the carb jets, a 2 AA Maglight, a piece of 2x4 to place under the engine and hold it up, so I can remove the rear wheel, and a 1/4" drive ratchet, extension, and sockets that fit the wheel nuts. I put the piece of 2x4 right under where the neutral wire goes.