Can you visually diagnose my issue?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

gar1013

Can you visually diagnose my issue?

Post by gar1013 »

So I posted to the Stella forum about the fact that my blinkers aren't working.

I think I've solved the issue -- take a look at the attached photo. The only thing I did prior to taking that photo was:

1. Remove the cowl.
2. Remove the spare tire.

NOTHING else has been touched.

So yeah, I think it's readily apparent why my blinkers aren't blinking, or even lighting. :lol: :cry: :shock: :roll:
Attachments
Solve the mystery
Solve the mystery
photo-1.JPG (110.51 KiB) Viewed 887 times
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

You lost your relay! Or someone did!
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

Yea, your not using that.. I think i can use it better. WOW i dont think it just fell off.
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

I don't even see how it's possible for it to fall off -- downward travel would be limited by the bracket and the built in retention ridge on the flasher. Upward travel would be limited by the wire.

Frankly, this was a scenario that never even crossed my mind - I was all ready to give my multimeter a workout, but testing for continuity didn't even need to be done.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

That's a new level of being a d#$%. The person could have at least left you a note saying something like:

"Hey, I want to apologize right off. I was in a bad spot and National Security was at stake. I can't officially acknowledge that I took your relay, but I did want to leave this note so that you don't end up with several hours of billable shop time. Just replace the $7 relay under your cowl by the battery and you'll be right as rain. Some day, I'd like to sit you down, buy you a beer and explain how your relay was able to thwart a major homeland threat, but I cannot. I can only wish you well and let you know that your $7 relay was put to a noble use. I salute you, a true American Patriot! Good luck, and again, my apologies.

PS, don't put this on Reddit or some scooter forum. We'll know if you do."

Nope, instead, they take your relay and leave you guessing. Total jerk move.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
michelle_7728

Post by michelle_7728 »

This probably is unlikely...but any chance you had work done at the dealer, they disconnected it to work on something else, then got interrupted and forgot to put it back on?

Otherwise, what an awful thing to do to someone-it could have caused you to be in a wreck because people couldn't see you signal or brake. :(
Past bikes: 08' Genuine Buddy 125, '07 Yamaha Majesty 400, '07 Piaggio MP3 250, '08 Piaggio MP3 500, '08 Aprilia Scarabeo 500
Current bikes: Two '09 Genuine Buddy 125's
gar1013

Post by gar1013 »

michelle_7728 wrote:This probably is unlikely...but any chance you had work done at the dealer, they disconnected it to work on something else, then got interrupted and forgot to put it back on?

Otherwise, what an awful thing to do to someone-it could have caused you to be in a wreck because people couldn't see you signal or brake. :(
Only work done since I bought it was having the shifter cables fixed when they stretched out (by a different dealer than from where I bought it).

I called the dealer I purchased the bike from, and asked them to drop a flasher in the mail for me. I'm looking forward to not having to do hand signals. :)