Buying a used 2006 Blur 150

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bonina1

Buying a used 2006 Blur 150

Post by bonina1 »

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and this is my first post.

I found a really awesome used 06 Blur 150 at a local dealer here in San Jose,CA.
Every think looks great, but i didn't try to ride it yet because they have to fix a leak on a carburetor. Anyway, I think that I might buy it because it is pretty cheap ($1800 tax and reg incld), and the dealer tuned it up and according to them I will not have any problems with it.
Also it has only about 4100 miles.

My question is: what would be common problems that may occur on Blur 150?
Do you have any advice on what to look for when I test ride it?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Bonina1
Rush

Post by Rush »

Hi Bonina1. Welcome to MB.

My Blur 220 didn't need anything (besides oil) until around 8k miles - you're dealing with the age of the machine more so than the mileage.
Ask if they know when the brake fluid, motor oil, transmission oil, spark plug was changed, maybe swing by the local auto parts store and ask them to test the battery (batteries have a habit of failing in the extreme heat or cold about every 2-3 years). The fluids should be something the scooter shop can take care of (or already has) pretty easily. Rear tire and cvt belt should last ya till 8k miles and perhaps 10-16k miles on the front tire and all the brakes.

Luckily these machines are relatively simple. Most parts are inexpensive and surprisingly easy to fix/replace if needed. Scooters/motorcycles are an easy way to learn about internal combustion engines - find someone (or scour the forums) to teach you and be willing to put some time, effort and $ into it.

Good luck!
bonina1

Post by bonina1 »

Thanks Rush.

The scooter looks great, and I will know more when i try to ride it. i was thinking about buying a new belt, sliders and maybe variator no matter what.
Also I was thinking about new exhaust if I have some extra money.
bonina1

Post by bonina1 »

Also the Blur was tuned by Bmw mechanics since this is a Bmw Dealership. That being said I think I will trust them, and cool thing is that they told me that they might give me warranty.
Rush

Post by Rush »

Sliders are inexpensive ($30) and may be a slight improvement. The belt is kinda pricey ($130) with no real benefit - so I'd suggest waiting till the 8,000 mile mark. You'll need an impact wrench to get the bolts off to get to the CVT components. I wouldn't bother with the variator or muffler. Save the $ for some sweet looking/functional/comfortable riding gear instead.
bonina1

Post by bonina1 »

Ok Rush, thanks for the advice.