A Buddy with training wheels

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

pcbikedude

A Buddy with training wheels

Post by pcbikedude »

I wonder if this PGO product could make it state side?

http://english.pgo.com.tw/tr3.shtml

I think my wife may feel safe on this.
Attachments
tr3-1.jpg
tr3-1.jpg (14.8 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

Ha.. That's pretty cool.

I had no idea they made scooter trikes.
pcbikedude

Post by pcbikedude »

I just noticed on the picture, the trike has DOT turn signal lights! Maybe a US version?
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

It seems like the ride would be smoother with two wheels taking the impact rather than one.
Keys

Post by Keys »

From experience though, you actually have more control and are less likely to fall over in a corner if you stick with two wheels. All those big ol' fancy cruiser style trikes running around these days have a hard time keeping up with Winnebegos in the corners.

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
hcstrider

Post by hcstrider »

I prefer my 2 wheeled Buddy but I could see a market for the PGO trike. If your commute is primarily bumper-to-bumper traffic you wouldn’t have to put your feet down when you are just sitting in traffic. It also looks like the carrying capacity of the PGO trike is greater than the Buddy. The Buddy 125 can carry up to 340 lbs. while the PGO trike can carry up to 440 lbs. If you add some sort of trunk to the rear it could be a pretty economical vehicle for grocery shopping and local errands. A few months ago I was visiting Annapolis and I noticed all of the people who lived on their boat and used a scooter for transportation around town. If you add a trunk to the PGO trike it would work really well for these people. It could even work well for fast food delivery such as pizza, sandwiches or Chinese.

It looks like PGO may also try to market the PGO trike to people with physical disabilities because 2 of the options are a crutch holder and a captain seat (I assume that this is the type of captain seat found in the electric powered mobility scooters.). It also has a reverse gear which would be a necessary feature for someone who is unable to push the scooter backward.
Tazio

Post by Tazio »

Looks like 12" wheels. I wonder if that is in the future for the two wheel Buddys.
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

i saw something looking like this out in front of the vespa dealer last week. i was so surprised, i did a xena headwhip. :)
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

Three wheels and not Piaggio MP3 -> you can't countersteer, so I'd think it's meant for fairly low speed rides. On the other hand, it has reverse!
Keys

Post by Keys »

Ooooo. A Xena 'headwhip'! Haven't seen one of those in a couple years!!

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Hm, this is a far cry from the MP3!
Most of the motorcycle/trike conversions out there seem to have wider wheel bases. If this thing doesn't corner, I wonder if it's actually more stable or just more likely to tip over?

But it goes in reverse? Hm... Looks like it should be pulling a trailer!

Speaking of PGO models unseen in the U.S., just saw this, the "Roadshow" aka "Rodoshow." I think it's the punch line to "What do you get when you cross a Buddy and a Vespa ET4?"

Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…