The people on scooters here in SC suck. =(

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

AxeYrCat

The people on scooters here in SC suck. =(

Post by AxeYrCat »

And I didn't call them 'scooterists', because they simply are not.

Unfortunately, the laws here dictate that if you've lost your license due to DUIs, you can still ride a scooter. Meaning that ultimately, the people on scooters are on them because they've lost their licenses... :(

I've seen one or two people on them because they're actually into scooters, but most of them don't respond with a wave when I send one their way (perhaps because they don't expect such things since the majority of scooters here are 'liquor-cycles').

Ugh.

Oh well.

I will keep my eyes open, and I will always give every scooter I see the benefit of the doubt. :D

Grumble.

I'm going for a ride.
Huh? What just happened?
beelzebubbles

Re: The people on scooters here in SC suck. =(

Post by beelzebubbles »

AxeYrCat wrote: I've seen one or two people on them because they're actually into scooters, but most of them don't respond with a wave when I send one their way (perhaps because they don't expect such things since the majority of scooters here are 'liquor-cycles').
For what it's worth, even here in this supposedly scooter-savvy San Francisco, I've found fellow scooterists rarely wave back or nod. Then again, traffic and road conditions here are typically terrible, so maybe it's just as well they keep their eyes on the road and their hands on the handlebars :)
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

I'm sorry, but who cares if people wave back at you.

To most people, a scooter is just another form of transportation. You can't assume that all people who ride scooters are awesome, friendly, super-cool people.
AxeYrCat

Post by AxeYrCat »

rickyd410 wrote:I'm sorry, but who cares if people wave back at you.

To most people, a scooter is just another form of transportation. You can't assume that all people who ride scooters are awesome, friendly, super-cool people.
Well, coming from a city where nearly everyone on a motorcycle or a scooter acknowledged each other with a nod or a wave (in fact, there's a thread on this site about the 'Scooter wave'), and now living somewhere where everyone on a motorcycle does so, it's odd to me that those on scooters don't do the same.

It doesn't hurt my feelings, but I'm used to scooterists being the 'awesome, friendly, super-cool' people you mention.
Huh? What just happened?
rickyd410

Post by rickyd410 »

AxeYrCat wrote:
rickyd410 wrote:I'm sorry, but who cares if people wave back at you.

Well, coming from a city where nearly everyone on a motorcycle or a scooter acknowledged each other with a nod or a wave (in fact, there's a thread on this site about the 'Scooter wave'), and now living somewhere where everyone on a motorcycle does so, it's odd to me that those on scooters don't do the same.

It doesn't hurt my feelings, but I'm used to scooterists being the 'awesome, friendly, super-cool' people you mention.
You still have us. ;)
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

AxeYrCat wrote:It doesn't hurt my feelings, but I'm used to scooterists being the 'awesome, friendly, super-cool' people you mention.
Me, too, especially if they're on a Buddy! :wink: