Shut up and take my money!!!!

Scooter and Rally Pictures and Videos

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

rsrider

Shut up and take my money!!!!

Post by rsrider »

Sweet mother of god, the Vespa 946 is incredible. I was at Ducati of Santa Barbara today, asking the techs for some how to knowledge, this was on the floor, front and center. The sales guy said he just got it 2 days ago. Oh why of why can't I be rich. All the classic Vespa lines are there, I kid you not. But it's so modern looking and BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

haha I put a better picture in......
BTW: how's it going people?
Last edited by rsrider on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
Lance Corona

Re: Shut up and take my money!!!!

Post by Lance Corona »

rsrider wrote:Sweet mother of god, the Vespa 946 is incredible. I was at Ducati of Santa Barbara today, asking the techs for some how to knowledge, this was on the floor, front and center. The sales guy said he just got it 2 days ago. Oh why of why can't I be rich. All the classic Vespa lines are there, I kid you not. But it's so modern looking and BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

Absolutely cr@p picture, because my phone is 2mp. And when I was leaving today I almost grabbed my camera.

BTW: how's it going people?
Beautiful indeed!
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

That is one beautiful machine. Someone had made mention about the fact there is no under seat storage. That whole back area behind the seat is just begging for some type of molded luggage compartment. And it must be a bitch to work on, can't really see any good way to get at things.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
rsrider

I'm thinking about selling a kidney.

Post by rsrider »

Ok, I went back with a somewhat decent camera, and there was one still there. The shop, Ducati of Santa Barbara, is getting 3, when they were originally only getting 2, so good for them. First off, this scooter is a showcase of Vespa's design, engineering, and manufacturing abilities. The quality is there at every inch. And you don't need storage, because when you ride this scooter, people will be begging you to let them do things for you. (yes, you may carry my groceries to my house, but no, you can not come in) You have purchased your way to Scooter Godhood and it's good to be God.

This pic is cool in that I was lucky and got the Italian Tri colors off the Ducati behind the Vespa. Wicked...that's the side lock for the seat.
The grips are covered in plastic because they are handstichted leather, and NO oil from your dirty hands is allowed!
This is kind of a cool pic, because I was trying to focus on the helmet hanger, but the camera had other ideas. The top part rotates towards you and is spring loaded. Trick.
There it is.
OK, another trick bit: the seat has a pneumatic closure on it. whoa
Hey, I can see my fingers from here.....

Those 4 bolts above the tail light is where the luggage rack is mounted. They also have a soft leather case that goes on the rack, a cover for the seat lock, and a matching helmet. and that is it for accessories......
A closer look..

Man, if you can afford this, you should buy it. Yes, it's expensive but it's worth every cent. And I don't usually say that, because I'm so cheap. but if I had the financial ability to buy one of these, I would not hesitate.
Using the internet for evil since 1994.
kmrcstintn

Post by kmrcstintn »

me likey & wanty! too bad I just financed a motorcycle for 5 years...at least my Buddy 125 is paid off 8)
did anyone get the license plate number of the bus that just hit me?!?
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

:? No spare tire?
DoubleD

Post by DoubleD »

How much?
rentonhighlander

Post by rentonhighlander »

~10K
BuddyBliss

Post by BuddyBliss »

I saw one, and they are stunning in every detail. There is a nifty piece of luggage that you can get with it, equally stylish. We loves it!
Suzy
Cheeky Seats
toot

???

Post by toot »

I really do not see what the fuss is about?? I really think that it is BUTT UGLY!!! Boy am I going to get it!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
Syd

Post by Syd »

According to the largest Vespa dealer in the US, Vespa USA is now offering $0 down, 0% interest for 60 months on the 946. Quit smoking, buy a 946 and still be money ahead!
The majority is always sane - Nessus