Clunky transmission?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

chickdr

Clunky transmission?

Post by chickdr »

I have been experiencing a strange issue with my scooter lately. When I start from a standstill, if I accelerate quickly, it starts ok then slams with a jerk as the CVT engages(it actually hurts my neck with the motion). If I feather it, not so bad. The scooter has around 3K on the clock. Brand new issue for me. Plan to take it in next week.
relenger

Re: Clunky transmission?

Post by relenger »

chickdr wrote:I have been experiencing a strange issue with my scooter lately. When I start from a standstill, if I accelerate quickly, it starts ok then slams with a jerk as the CVT engages(it actually hurts my neck with the motion). If I feather it, not so bad. The scooter has around 3K on the clock. Brand new issue for me. Plan to take it in next week.
Funny you mentioned that. I actually removed my cover to the CVT and inspected mine because on acceleration the clutch would Grab. I actually pulled a wheelie. After removing the Clutch bell housing I found grease (see my performance post) after cleaning it out all was good. I used brake cleaner to clean it and the clutch pads.
Rush

Post by Rush »

Twice I opened up my CVT - once to install the Dr Pulley Sliders and just today to replace the belt (shredded on the highway after 8.9k miles). Both times I noticed a huge build up of black soot. After removing this -specifically from sliders/rollers and their compartment I've noticed improved and smoother acceleration. Cost nothing to clean but I had to purchase an impact wrench at HF to get off the main bolt.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

I was wondering if this was DIY but I don't want to buy impact tools....
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

Update- this issue fixed it self. Smooth as silk now. No idea why it happened.
relenger

Post by relenger »

Interesting.