Blur 150 choking issue

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

bonina1

Blur 150 choking issue

Post by bonina1 »

Hey guys,
I recently purchased used Blur 150, and I bought it from a bmw dealer. The dealer said that they have changed all the fluids, and did a tune up.

Before I start riding I try to warm up the engine, as described in the manual.
As soon as I start the engine it almost immediately (not all the time) turns off, and I need few tries before it actually stays on. When it does stay on it will maybe run for 5-6 min in idle, and then the rpm will drop below 2k and it will turn off again. Unless I give it some throttle.

Also when I start riding, and if I go slow, and rpm is between 2k-5k it seems like the transmission is not really shifting; it's almost like a gap. If i give it more throttle, and my rpm jumps immediately to 5k I don't have any issues.

Also I discovered that I have a small gear oil leak(few drops over night)- could all this previous issues be connected to the leak?

Btw, when the engine is warm I don't have any issues with starting.

I hope that someone will be able to give me advice.
chickdr

Re: Blur 150 choking issue

Post by chickdr »

Not sure about the dying when cold issue. The transmission is a CVT so it doesn't "shift". It will just smoothly ramp up as you accelerate. You could try a new drive belt and rollers if it is rough.
docjones

Post by docjones »

I would say your carb needs to be cleaned except the fact it is fine when warm. Run some seafoam in a couple of tanks and call me in the morning. Oh yea, run it like you stole it.
docjones

Post by docjones »

I would say your carb needs to be cleaned except the fact it is fine when warm. Run some seafoam in a couple of tanks and call me in the morning. Oh yea, run it like you stole it.