brake light switch

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

itcardoc

brake light switch

Post by itcardoc »

Has anyone noticed if the brake light doesn't work unless you really pull hard on the levers. This could be dangerous if you are using the brakes normally and no light comes on. It looks like the switches need adjustment. Does anyone know if they are mechanical or pressure switches? - Kevin
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

Mine work fine, I'm not sure how they're set up but they can probably be adjusted, look through the shop manual (posted in another thread.) Or if they're mechanical, maybe they're just sticking and need to be lubricated or cleaned.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
mattgordon

Re: brake light switch

Post by mattgordon »

itcardoc wrote:Has anyone noticed if the brake light doesn't work unless you really pull hard on the levers. This could be dangerous if you are using the brakes normally and no light comes on. It looks like the switches need adjustment. Does anyone know if they are mechanical or pressure switches? - Kevin
Yup, I have noticed too:
topic2299.html
PM me if you wish.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

weird, I rode last night and kept an eye on it... i never noticed, but you guys are right, it really should light up a little sooner. Maybe not worth adjusting, but good to know, so you have an idea at which point people behind you know you're slowing down.

Bb.
itcardoc

update to brake light switch

Post by itcardoc »

I had the speedo cover assembly off last night to get trigger wires for my air horn relay and led voltmeter. The brake light switches are mechanical and mount behind the levers with some type of flimsy clip type mount. But I'm sure it can be modified to make an adjustment to the switch positions. Didn't have enough time , had to get back together. I will post again when modified to work properly and how it was done. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Re: update to brake light switch

Post by illnoise »

itcardoc wrote:I will post again when modified to work properly and how it was done. -Kevin
I'd love to see that, Kevin, please do.