Scooter World's Rattler review

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mattgordon

Scooter World's Rattler review

Post by mattgordon »

Bryce Ludwig has once again provided a concise, and objective review in ScooterWorld Magazine, this time on the Genuine Rattler 110...a bike I have "personal" knowledge of, and couldn't have said it any better than Bryce. I have one in the garage, and have for about six weeks, and nearly 400 miles.

At 5'7", I too find the forward alloy footrests to be my friend, and when perched there, this scooter fits me quite nicely.

My only unanswered question regarding Bryce's review, was a lack of discussion regarding the "trip-meter" on that zoot digital gauge, which on MY Rattler is measured in (worthless to me) 1000 meter increments. Just the trip-meter, not the ODO, which is in miles.

I'm curious if Bryce's tester-bike was equipped with a different unit working in miles, or if he just didn't mention that fact, which to me is a ridiculous oversight on Genuine's part, and really diminishes an otherwise really cool gauge package. I would hope that detail wouldn't be overlooked by Genuine and maybe I just got an early build unit which can be retrofitted?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I haven't read Bryce's review yet, but I did have the pleasure of riding a Rattler this weekend and my review was one sentence. The Rattler is absolutely everything the Yamaha Zuma wishes it was. I told Chelsea (of Scoot Richmond) that and she said, "That's what I wrote in my review!" Hahaha... Well, since that line is already taken, how about this? The Rattler is one performance kit (140cc cylinder & pipe) away from being the modern hotrod scooter of choice.

P.S. What is it with PGO and odometers? We never did figure out what units the 06 Blur's odometer was calibrated in.
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

jrsjr wrote:I haven't read Bryce's review yet, but I did have the pleasure of riding a Rattler this weekend and my review was one sentence. The Rattler is absolutely everything the Yamaha Zuma wishes it was. I told Chelsea (of Scoot Richmond) that and she said, "That's what I wrote in my review!" Hahaha... Well, since that line is already taken, how about this? The Rattler is one performance kit (140cc cylinder & pipe) away from being the modern hotrod scooter of choice.

P.S. What is it with PGO and odometers? We never did figure out what units the 06 Blur's odometer was calibrated in.
Any code-writer with a calculator could do a (small) bit of math, and have the e-prom for the tripmeter re-burned into miles. I'm sure they outsource the gauge components and don't ask for that conversion....
So the Rattler trip meter is in "RDU's" then?
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

mattgordon wrote:So the Rattler trip meter is in "RDU's" then?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have to say, though, that coolio little blue screen looks great at night. Chelsea was the clean-up rider on a night rideout this weekend, so if anybody wants to see what we're talking about, you can see it in this video. Chelsea and the Rattler are the last scooter out. Wait until she rides by the camera and heads up the hill. You can really see that coolio blue screen as she goes by.
Last edited by jrsjr on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bryce-O-Rama

Re: Scooter World's Rattler review

Post by Bryce-O-Rama »

mattgordon wrote:My only unanswered question regarding Bryce's review, was a lack of discussion regarding the "trip-meter" on that zoot digital gauge, which on MY Rattler is measured in (worthless to me) 1000 meter increments. Just the trip-meter, not the ODO, which is in miles.
I didn't have one anywhere near as long as you have had yours, so I never messed with the trip meter enough to verify it against the odometer or anything else.
Last edited by Bryce-O-Rama on Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Bryce
mattgordon

Post by mattgordon »

Bryce-O-Rama wrote:
mattgordon wrote:My only unanswered question regarding Bryce's review, was a lack of discussion regarding the "trip-meter" on that zoot digital gauge, which on MY Rattler is measured in (worthless to me) 1000 meter increments. Just the trip-meter, not the ODO, which is in miles.
I didn't have one anywhere near as long as you have had yours, so I never mess with the trip meter enough to verify it against the odometer or anything else.
I just thought you'd ferret-out that little tidbit, I think I already know the answer, and it will remain RDU's...not to be miles any time soon.
Great review Bryce!
weaseltamer

Post by weaseltamer »

mattgordon wrote:
I just thought you'd ferret-out that little tidbit, I think I already know the answer, and it will remain RDU's...not to be miles any time soon.
Great review Bryce!
teh ferrets are always with us.