Where can I find a BUDDY BIKE RACK?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

SpeedRacer

Where can I find a BUDDY BIKE RACK?

Post by SpeedRacer »

I love my new Buddy so much that I don't want to drive my car at all any more! The only problem with that is I need to transport my bicycle to group rides sometimes. Does any one know where I can find a bike rack to put on the back of my buddy?

I was thinking of a fork mounted rack straight off the back of the scooter. (like the kind they put on the roof of cars).

Thanks in advance!

Xo
jfrost2

Post by jfrost2 »

It has been done before, but it seems a bit dangerous and restrains you from moving around.
SpeedRacer

Post by SpeedRacer »

Looks similar to these...
Attachments
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (100.02 KiB) Viewed 902 times
aaa.jpg
aaa.jpg (15.69 KiB) Viewed 902 times
Eazy

Post by Eazy »

We took the pin type assembly off of a roof rack and mounted it to the back of the rack.

Is what we would then do is pop the front tire off of the bike and then lock it into the pin on the scooters rack and the rear wheel would just free wheel.

Worked pretty good for a BMX bike.
-Ian Follow Me
'08 Genuine Stella - "totaled"
'06 Honda Elite 80 - "bullet proof"
Eazy Scoots.
Lostmycage
FAQ Moderator

Post by Lostmycage »

Take the front wheel off, stick the forks through a rear rack (add padding so as not to scratch the rack on the buddy). Use a small rachet strap to hold the forks to the rack and let the rear wheel roll behind you on the road.

You might need to make a spacer to hold the forks high enough to not touch the back wheel of the scooter. A dense foam (Esterfoam?) block should do the trick.

I haven't tried this and I wouldn't suggest doing it without a low-speed trial and triple-checking. But this is probably what I'd try.
Check out :arrow: Scoot Richmond's new site: My awesome local shop.
dsmith65

Post by dsmith65 »

Check out this link it has some responses and links to other sites that offer solutions.

viewtopic.php?t=7627&highlight=bike+rack
MB #2349
jamisfoes

Post by jamisfoes »

On the Stella was easy. Drill four holes on its metal chasis and mount two metal bars on it. An aftermarket bike rack mounts to the two metal bars.

Links to the instruction on how to make one. It may be a little trickier with the buddy not having a metal rear fender.topic23402.html
Syd

Post by Syd »

jfrost2 wrote:It has been done before, but it seems a bit dangerous and restrains you from moving around.
Wonder what happened to young Mr Frosty?
The majority is always sane - Nessus