New Michelin Tires

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

squasher5

New Michelin Tires

Post by squasher5 »

After 4100 miles on our Buddy 50, 2009, we decided that our original tires were no longer safe.

I know there are other posts on here about tire choices, but we had some Michelin S83's put on front and rear...this is the 3X10 version.

The difference is amazing. Since we ride all year around here in NM...sometimes there is a bit of snow on the road, although mostly the roads are dry. Now the feeling of safety and sure handedness is very nice. I did not realize how bad the original tires on the Buddy 50 were....but they are quite inadequate.

Anyway...we are very happy with this decision.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

The OEM tires on the Buddy are nothing special and Michelin certainly builds good scooter tires. Life is too short to ride on badly worn or poor quality scooter tires. Those two little patchers of rubber are all that keep you away from the pavement :wink: .
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Same here when I changed tires only I went with the Continental zippy. The difference was clear although I don't think the stock tires suck it's just after they wear, as with any worn tire, you'll feel the difference....
PeteH

Post by PeteH »

I just put some S1s on my 150. Very nice feel. My original Maxxis tires were feeling a little skittish in the turns, and the S1s are gripping much more nicely.
Feel da rhythm! Feel da rhyme! Get on up! It's Buddy Time!
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

Snarf. I got a set of Micheline Power Pure SCs in this weekend, removed my wheels and brought them to my local and only scooter shop to have mounted & balanced. When I got them home I realized he mounted the rear backwards. Now i've got to wait till tomorrow to take it back and have him mount it correctly. Major suckage.
JettaKnight

Post by JettaKnight »

Dooglas wrote:The OEM tires on the Buddy are nothing special and Michelin certainly builds good scooter tires. Life will be too short if you ride on badly worn or poor quality scooter tires. Those two little patchers of rubber are all that keep you away from the pavement :wink: .
Fixed it for you. 8)
scullyfu

Post by scullyfu »

i live in buffalo and the stock tires were just too hinky for the conditions here, so i put on a pair of michelin s1's and couldn't be happier. immediately noticed the difference, tires grip the road better, i feel safer going over bumps and the terribly rutted roads here. so, good investment, to be sure.
WE'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! Starbuck, BSG
skully93

Post by skully93 »

did the s1's as well. In fact I'm about to have to replace the rear after over 5k miles.

I dare say I'd $150 more MSRP just to have those on at the factory....
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I have never been very happy with the stock tires on any scooter I've ridden.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…