G-Max 250

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

blurdog

G-Max 250

Post by blurdog »

I've seen a few references to a G-Max 250 and even found a picture of one in the London Scooter Club. But I haven't been able to find out any details. I have a Blur 150, which is the best, but not fast enough to make me comfortable on our backroads here where everyone drives 60. From what I've read here, and from other owners, the 220 isn't really much faster than the 150. A Blur with a 250, thought, would be almost perfect. The few notes I found about the 250 were that it was like a Blur, but with twin shocks in the back. Does anybody know anything about this?
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

Here's a small write-up/brochure:

http://www.pgoscooters.co.uk/media/gmaxroadtest.pdf
Stoney rs

blur 250

Post by Stoney rs »

I know a little bout the blur 250 it has 18hp bout the size of the 220 and 150. So power to weight should be good but it has a standard suspenion unlike the other two. I have the 220 and very happy with it. I weigh 270 and it takes me down the road at 70+ no problem. I use 92-93 octane a puig 992(city touring) windscreen and pump the tires too 42 psi. Works for me I ride any where but open interstate other than that its fast enough. If you feel you need more than that I would.look to something like the majesty 400 but it wont get 70-72 mpg.
chickdr

Post by chickdr »

The loss of the center rear suspension is a big issue to me. That is what makes the Blur unique. On top of that if the 18hp is accurate it isn't much of a bump over the 220's 16hp considering it is water cooled. I don't understand why they don't rework the 220cc motor to add water cooling(which the 250 has) and a 4 valve head(which the 150 had). If they could get 22hp out of it(which should easily be possible since Vespa gets 21hp out of the GT200) it would be a screamer.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Chickdr, if they could do that I would be in the market for one. With a little adopting it could possibly accept my hack and I would have a well powered
sidecar rig. Of course Genuine would have to be willing to import it first. :lol:
Stoney rs

blur 250

Post by Stoney rs »

I feel the rear suspenion and the 18hp is the reason we don't get the 250. The 220 maybe just as fast but more unique. Water cooling 4v head 22hp. I would like to see that. But how much would that cost? People question the price now its almost the price of a ninja 300. Vespa may have more hp but the blur is just as fast but has way bettter handling.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Point well made :clap:
chickdr

Re: blur 250

Post by chickdr »

Stoney rs wrote:I feel the rear suspenion and the 18hp is the reason we don't get the 250. The 220 maybe just as fast but more unique. Water cooling 4v head 22hp. I would like to see that. But how much would that cost? People question the price now its almost the price of a ninja 300. Vespa may have more hp but the blur is just as fast but has way bettter handling.
Having owned a GT200 I can assure you it was much quicker off the line than my 220. It also had a higher top speed. Even with it's weight penalty. Handling was no match for the Blur though.