Indiana Scooter Clubs?

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Howardr

Indiana Scooter Clubs?

Post by Howardr »

My son is relocating to South Bend. Does anyone know of any riding clubs in that area? I will be keeping his scooter for the time being, but I will either get it to him in the spring, or he will buy another one.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

Sadly, I don't know of any in South Bend - if he were moving to Bloomington he could join up with Hoosier Ride, the group that I help run!
irishtim

Post by irishtim »

I went to school in and use to live in South Bend. Not a lot of scootering going on there. The only riding club I know of is a rough bunch known as the Caretakers (HD riders). There are some nice rides along the St. Joseph River up into Michigan wine country. Fall is the best riding season by far. Great colors, nice small towns, etc. Summer is hot and very humid. It snows tons from now until April, is flat/windy/cold. You can't easily get a vehicle on to the Notre Dame campus unless you're going to Church (hint) and the Basilica of the Sacred Heart is beautiful. The St. Mary's campus is much easier to ride through. Plus, if he's single there are many nice, clean-cut girls looking for a husband. (Notre Dame women are a different story.) People are very nice-it's the Midwest and there's great Hoosier Hospitality. Bendix used to be the biggest employer there and the area still looks down, to a degree, on foreign cars. (Though that has changed some.). Notre Dame offers a lot of cultural events and Chicago is only 90 min. away. Notre Dame football is a great attraction but men's and women's basketball, soccer, baseball, fencing, etc. are all top notch and a great way to pass the Winter.
OH,PA,IN,WV,KY,TN,WI,MI,SC,ON,BDA
Howardr

Post by Howardr »

Thanks for the info. He primarily interested in commter when the weather is okay for it.

He may change his mind after this winter, though. He leaves Tucson for South Bend this Sunday.

Howard
Iron Butt Association Member Number 42256
Club - The Sky Island Riders.
Publisher: The Scooter 'Zine thescooterzine.com