Island scooter rental & this 3 wheel thing....

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

Island scooter rental & this 3 wheel thing....

Post by ScootLemont »

Rented a Kymco Super 8 for a couple days to run around Sanibel Island this week & it's not bad. Pretty different than my Stella & slow.... but seems like a decent machine.
.... & I am still reaching for the rear break with my right foot but at least I have not grabbed the left break handle thinking it's the clutch (yet)

Also.... the rental place (named YOLO) on Captiva rents these 3 wheel things that appear to have 50cc scooter mechanicals.
Kind of neat looking but must be pretty under powered - the company that makes them does have a 150cc version (for $6,987!!!)
http://www.scootcoupe.com/products.html

wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

They both look like a lot of fun. I did not realize that they sell 150cc Scoupes.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

So, have you heard of the GoCar?

http://www.gocartours.com/
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

I have smoked by the lines of them here in Las Vegas. They do tours around Red Rock scenic loop.

They are no match for the SR50!
sc00ter

Post by sc00ter »

I have seen one of those three wheel things running around my area. I believe it was a Sunny or Sun brand. It was a 150cc version. Owner said it was stalling at idle and not wanting to re-start. Have not seen it lately, must have caught the China bike flue and broke down. Will admit it was kinda cool.
brianwheelies

Post by brianwheelies »

sc00ter wrote:I have seen one of those three wheel things running around my area. I believe it was a Sunny or Sun brand. It was a 150cc version. Owner said it was stalling at idle and not wanting to re-start. Have not seen it lately, must have caught the China bike flue and broke down. Will admit it was kinda cool.
LOL! Is that what happened to my coworker's Ice Bear 50?
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

Couple of pics from today

100 miles later..... it's still not a bad scooter, but my legs are a little too long for the way the seat is molded into two positions (I usually sit a little farther back on my Stella) & it tops at exactly 30MPH (according to the traffic control signs with radar & a display)
I would want Buddy 125 or 170 if I lived on the island (would NOT bring down my Stella - way too much salt air & something tells me I would start to see some rust - although I would love to have my Stella here if it wasn't for the salt)

agrogod

Post by agrogod »

I want one!

"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

ScootLemont wrote:it tops at exactly 30MPH (according to the traffic control signs with radar & a display)
Sounds like a restricted 50.

Those 3-wheelers are pretty cool, but I'd still take a Reliant Robin over one of them any day of the week.
TVB

Post by TVB »

Quo Vadimus wrote:Those 3-wheelers are pretty cool, but I'd still take a Reliant Robin over one of them any day of the week.
The subject of my second-favorite episode of "Top Gear". :)
http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/clarks ... iant-robin
TVB

Post by TVB »

This was my island scooter rental story from my visit to Curaçao a few years ago.
viewtopic.php?t=17365

Robbie

Post by Robbie »

I think it was about a year ago I saw that episode.

Still laughing.......whatta S/Box.

Yet, when you make the third wheel a trailing wheel and have the pair in the front, the chassis handles like it is glued to the road.

I hope the ELIO makes it.....I think I need one of those.

Rob
Quo Vadimus

Post by Quo Vadimus »

TVB wrote:
Quo Vadimus wrote:Those 3-wheelers are pretty cool, but I'd still take a Reliant Robin over one of them any day of the week.
The subject of my second-favorite episode of "Top Gear". :)
http://www.topgear.com/uk/videos/clarks ... iant-robin
Don't tell me the Peel P50 is your favorite episode? :D

TVB

Post by TVB »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RCSRVg5w0M

Mine you, I've only seen two episodes of the show.... :)
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

If I miss anything about Naples. That ride out to Sanibel/Captiva is a good one. I miss the swamp too. I just love that ride across the bridge.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."