Blur's Horn?

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Corsair

Blur's Horn?

Post by Corsair »

I haven't gotten the chance to actually hear the Blur's horn, how is it? Is it one of those cute "excuse me, please mister suv if you would ever so kindly not come into my lane... if it's no trouble please" kinda horns? Or "HEY IDIOT! PAY ATTENTION! I'm driving here!!!" horns? Has anyone installed an upgraded air horn? Stebel or the such?
itcardoc

air horn

Post by itcardoc »

I would suggest going to Pep-Boys or wherever and buying a Wolo Bad Boy #419 compact dual tone air horn. Install it with a relay direct (fused) to the battery. It looks like there is alot of room on the right side below the seat luggage compartment for the horn. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!
itcardoc

Horn update

Post by itcardoc »

I put a Wolo compact dual tone air horn (as above) in . Your scoot will go from "meep-meep" to Very sports car loud. Just what you need to wake up the driver next to you ready to run you off the road while texting,shaving,singing,make-uping,or playing a musical instrument!
There is a good spot on the left front up and behind the front grill over the oil cooler/filter assy., attached to the frame. Put in a relay (fused) and grab you power to pin 30 from the + 12 volt terminal on the starter solenoid (red) . Get your trigger wire from under the speedo head assy. The green/yellow wire out of the harness to the left switch assembly is the +12volt horn trigger you can use to pin85 or 86 of the relay. -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!