Should I get 2006 or 2007 blur

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

tempalte

Should I get 2006 or 2007 blur

Post by tempalte »

I am thinking about buy my first scooter. There are two dealers close by. One has a 2006 blur with a new MRP exhaust (sells for $325 online). It has 18 miles on it (never sold) and he wants $2700.

The second dealer has a 2007 blur and said he would make a deal and sell it for $3190.

Are there any differences between the 2006 and 2007? I am leaning toward the 2006 because of the price.
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

the gages on the 07 read truer than the 06's. if that helps and the aftermarket pipe will void the warrenty. i hope that is stays warm where you are at. if you have a winter where you are at id wait for the 08's
Last edited by justscooten on Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

Thanks for the heads up on the warranty. The dealer told me the warranty would still apply. I just emailed Genuine so maybe they can give me the final word.
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

i've heard the 07's have a power adapter under the seat. this true?
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

fs8gbe wrote:i've heard the 07's have a power adapter under the seat. this true?
I know the Buddies do, and I'm pretty sure the Blurs do. I added one to my 06 Blur and it cost $6, so I wouldn't base your decision on that. ; )

BTW, I wouldn't hold out for an 08, I'm pretty sure they still have an a**load of 06 and 07s in the warehouse. Unless they decide to do the 200 after all, but last I heard, that wasn't happening.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
tempalte

Post by tempalte »

I just got an email back from genuine and they said the MRP exhaust would void the warranty.

So I have a dealer with a new 2006, that has an MRP exhaust installed. The dealer says it won't effect the warranty but Genuine does. The dealer said he would give me the original exhaust.

I might could buy the blur, put the original exhaust back on, then ebay the MRP exhaust.

That would put me about $700 under the cost of the 2007 blur. But on the other hand my instincts are telling me the dealer may be a little shady for trying to sell a blur with an aftermarket exhaust while still telling me the warranty will be good.

My guess is this dealer already had the exhaust in stock and just installed it to try and help the blur sell.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

tempalte wrote:But on the other hand my instincts are telling me the dealer may be a little shady for trying to sell a blur with an aftermarket exhaust while still telling me the warranty will be good.
Eh, that's maybe a bit shady, but they would probably honor the warranty and not mention the exhaust to Genuine when they asked for reinbursement. It's wrong, but I bet a lot of dealers do stuff like that.

Keep in mind, performance modifications almost always lower the resale value of a bike, I think that's interesting, ha.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
itcardoc

exhaust

Post by itcardoc »

Hey there,I may be interested in taking that MRP exhaust off your hands for a fair price. That would even make the 2006 even less. I have an orange/gray 2006Blur and love it and the color! -Kevin
If anything can go wrong ... it will!