UK member,,, Hi

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Andywalsh1966

UK member,,, Hi

Post by Andywalsh1966 »

Hi,, andy from Uk, I have an LML star 2t and just noticed your forum through a UK group called lmlocgb. Been riding for 6 months and loving it despite the lovely English weather.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Hello and welcome from the desert of California.
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

Howdy from Texas!
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
viney266

Post by viney266 »

Howdy from the East coast.
Speed is only a matter of money...How fast do you want to go?
Andywalsh1966

Post by Andywalsh1966 »

Thanks for the welcomes,, I'll have to look out for the scooterists next time I'm stateside
longroof

Post by longroof »

Welcome from the Cumberland Mountains in Tennessee USA! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cumberland_Mountains Cumberland Mountains named for the Duke of Cumberland http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Wil ... Cumberland
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

SockyTX wrote:Howdy from Texas!
Ditto!
EvilNerdLord

Post by EvilNerdLord »

Greetings from great central vAlley of california, north end...
The Crow

Post by The Crow »

Welcome from the Texas Gulf Coast!
Andywalsh1966

Post by Andywalsh1966 »

Thanks for the welcomes,,, looking at some of the pics it appears that twist and go scooters are quite popular in the USA.
Tam Tam

ohh, I reckon you could say that...

Post by Tam Tam »

Oh yes, us yanks do like twist & go's....but a fair amount of us like manual shift....and some of us like them equally. Am I right, my fellow Americans?
And howdy from San Antonio, the biggest little city in Texas!
Attachments
please excuse my funky garage...
please excuse my funky garage...
2 scoots.jpg (71.74 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Andywalsh1966

Post by Andywalsh1966 »

tam Tam. Love where you store your scooters,,, didn't I see that place on silence of the lambs,,,
Tam Tam

AAAAHHH!!! my secret is out!

Post by Tam Tam »

then you know what to do with the lotion!

:wink:

but welcome aboard!
Attachments
silence.jpg
silence.jpg (12.39 KiB) Viewed 1940 times
"When you're racing, that's when you're really alive. Everything else...everything...just becomes waiting to race." - Steve McQueen
Andywalsh1966

Post by Andywalsh1966 »

So do you have the 4t auto over there as well.. Big push back over here from the 2 t purists
Tam Tam

Post by Tam Tam »

Several folk here in the forums have discussed being able to pre order the 4T auto, but in San Antonio so far I have not heard much, I'm afraid. I must say that some of the pics I've seen look sharp, the metallic paint jobs and all, but if memory serves, they are 125cc. It would be a shame if they ended up being all style no substance. I should think though that they will probably sell well. The 'classic look' combined with 'twist & go ease' should attract a lot of first time and experienced riders.
The black scooter on the left is a Genuine Blackjack, an automatic, and the red one is a 2009 Stella 2T...lucky for me the shop was looking to move out their final two strokes to make way for the 4T's they had coming in, so I got it at a nice price.
As for me, hell, ride what you like. I enjoy the auto cause it is overall faster and lighter, but the love the 2T for all it's shaking & buzzing, blue smoke blowing feel...and once I got shifting down, I enjoy it for what it is - a funky machine.
You mentioned a big 'push back' from the 2T purists - is it an academic matter, or more...um, passionate? (I am thinking of the stickers and t shirts I have seen that read "Twist & Go F**k Yourself!")
Attachments
"...it puts the oil on the gasket..."
"...it puts the oil on the gasket..."
3239718_ori.jpg (18.96 KiB) Viewed 1931 times
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

Tam Tam wrote:Several folk here in the forums have discussed being able to pre order the 4T auto, but in San Antonio so far I have not heard much, I'm afraid. I must say that some of the pics I've seen look sharp, the metallic paint jobs and all, but if memory serves, they are 125cc. It would be a shame if they ended up being all style no substance. I should think though that they will probably sell well. The 'classic look' combined with 'twist & go ease' should attract a lot of first time and experienced riders.
The black scooter on the left is a Genuine Blackjack, an automatic, and the red one is a 2009 Stella 2T...lucky for me the shop was looking to move out their final two strokes to make way for the 4T's they had coming in, so I got it at a nice price.
As for me, hell, ride what you like. I enjoy the auto cause it is overall faster and lighter, but the love the 2T for all it's shaking & buzzing, blue smoke blowing feel...and once I got shifting down, I enjoy it for what it is - a funky machine.
You mentioned a big 'push back' from the 2T purists - is it an academic matter, or more...um, passionate? (I am thinking of the stickers and t shirts I have seen that read "Twist & Go F**k Yourself!")
------------------
The 125 automatic has been well received in Europe. Because it has a Del Orto electronic carburetor and electronic ignition the performance as reported has been excellent. I've got one coming into ScooterSmith in Houston supposedly in the next few weeks.

As for hostile purists - well - nobody if forcing you to buy one - so just chill perhaps?
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

Welcome, I am in upstate NY, and I frequent the lmlocgb as it has a wealth of additional information.
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

Hi Andy.......from the same Robby you know on the LMLGB forum.

Welcome stateside.

Do you visit the U.S. from time to time?

Rob
Andywalsh1966

Post by Andywalsh1966 »

Hi slot rod,, lmlocgb is a mine of information about everything to do with LMLs. Lots of info on derestricting and general maintenance,, also if you post a tech question you get either one of the guys or the LML people respondin almost immediately ,, plus the Tasso guys are helpful,, but they are evil,, they show you cool stuff and take your money,,,

4t 2t and twist and go is always an emotive issue,, same as blinging up the scooters with racks, lamps etc and going for the whole quodrophenia look,... Bottom line, whatever you have is the best, it's yours, it's paid for and it's perfect,,, unless you see the Tasso retro kits in which case your scooter looks like $hit and you need to send Tasso £1500 for the pretty scooter facelift... Tasso are evil...