New

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Boneyard

New

Post by Boneyard »

I bought a new 170i last week and love it. I found this form and look forward to your advise! I'm new to scooters but have put some miles on motorcycles.

I'm riding the back roads now. Just a little nervous riding in traffic. I'm looking forward to this forum and I'm sure I'll have many questions.
Last edited by Boneyard on Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skully93

Post by skully93 »

Welcome!

I think you'll have a lot of fun with the 170i. A fine scoot.

It handles traffic easily, once you get used to it. I just bought my first motorcycle, and the Buddy is definitely a lot different :P.
skipper20

Re: New

Post by skipper20 »

Boneyard wrote:I bought a new 170i last week and love it. I found this form and look forward to you advise! I'm new to scooters but have put some miles on motorcycles.

I'm riding the back roads now. Just a little nervous riding in traffic. I'm looking forward to this forum and I'm sure I'll have many questions.
Welcome aboard. You made a good choice with the 170i. I've had mine for about 15 months now and enjoy it more and more every time I'm riding it.

Bill in Seattle but wintering in Arizona
'12 170i Italia (AZ scooter)
'11 220i Blur
'08 250ie Sport City
Boneyard

Post by Boneyard »

Thank you both. Now I'm thinking about a rack and top box !
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

An excellent choice. My 170I has become my main ride. You will get outstanding gas milage and as the break in period increases so will your top speed. Windshield will help also and the top box is very useful. I also have
saddlebags on mine. :D
Growing old is inevitible, being old is not.
So be your self. Every one else is already taken!
Boneyard

Post by Boneyard »

I haven't thought about a windshield. I've been following the Manuel and have only gone to about half way on the throttle . As the speed picks up I may need one.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Also makes for a more pleasant ride, no more bug eating. :bleh:
Growing old is inevitible, being old is not.
So be your self. Every one else is already taken!
KCScooterDude

Post by KCScooterDude »

Welcome Boneyard. This is a great community. IMHO, a windscreen is the best investment you can make. Adds stability (especially in a headwind), does wonders for gas milage and helps with fatigue on long rides. Just remember, you want one that catches the went and directs it over your head. You probably don't want one that you will be looking through.
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

Welcome! Kerrville's probably a great place to have a scoot. Congrats.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
Syd

Post by Syd »

Welcome to MB, Boneyard. I heard a good radio station out of Emeryville some years back. Any town with good radio's gotta be good.
The majority is always sane - Nessus