Stellauto just around the corner

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ravenlore

Post by ravenlore »

Just stopped at the local shop, and the ruby red and electric blue are possibly more pretty in real life than in adverts. Took it off the stand and put it back on and it was not difficult at all. Soon as I've paid off the Vespa I'll start saving for her little sister.
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

ravenlore wrote:Just stopped at the local shop, and the ruby red and electric blue are possibly more pretty in real life than in adverts. Took it off the stand and put it back on and it was not difficult at all. Soon as I've paid off the Vespa I'll start saving for her little sister.
I've found the Automatic very easy to put on the stand. I took mine on a club ride Thursday. I do break in the motors in so I rode easy but the bike was easily able to keep up with the flow of Vespa GTS and Kymco DT 300 bikes on the ride.

I'm quite pleased so far.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Vespa Marietta received 3 last Friday and two are already out the door. A blue one was in the process of being assembled while I was there. I think
The Stella is going to be a winner. :wink:
Growing old is inevitible, being old is not.
So be your self. Every one else is already taken!
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

So...How much are you guys paying for these auto's????
How much can we expect to pay at the dealer??
Thanks
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

According to Genuine's web site genuine scooters.com the Stiletto( my name for them) the stellauto will sell for MSRP $3499.00. The Stella
shifty sells for $3699.00. So price wise the auto is 200 smackers LESS
that the shifty. :wink:
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

I think he is asking, how much are dealers price gouging because it's a new product? Or at least that is what I am wanting to know.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

I see. The price that I quoted is the MSRP. The dealer will add transportation costs, dealer prep cost,& sales tax. My eyeball estimate
would be around $4000.00 out the door. That can vary from dealer to dealer.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Though I really wouldn't call transport, set-up, or sales tax "price gouging". To answer a different way, I don't imagine that many dealers are discounting "below" MSRP at this time.
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

I agree with you, Dooglas. Profit margin is low on a scooter sale as it is so to keep from losing money on the deal these other charges, which would have to be paid by the dealer would be passed on. I think most of the manufacturers mention these charges and show you the MSRP and say that these extra costs will be added on. :wink:
jrstone

Post by jrstone »

I understand destination charges and whatnot, but unfortunately, I've seen too many dealers who try to take advantage of people who want to be the first to own a new product and will add additional markups.
jimmbomb

Post by jimmbomb »

Right, Im wondering if they are selling AT msrp or below or above.
If I aint being too nosey, I wish folks who bought them wouldnt mind sharing how their deal went.
That may help others when they go to the dealer and see what we could expect.
When the 4t's came out, I bought a 2010 Creme for 3100. OTD.
And I know that around that time, new 09 2ts were going for less than 2500 at some dealers.
Hopefully, there will be some feedback.
My dealer has 1 Blue one with a big chip in the paint on the front fender. He's asking 3799$..
thanks to all who reply.
All replies are welcomed and encouraged
J H
[URL=https:///]Image[/URL] upload pics
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

jimmbomb wrote:Right, Im wondering if they are selling AT msrp or below or above.
If I aint being too nosey, I wish folks who bought them wouldnt mind sharing how their deal went.
That may help others when they go to the dealer and see what we could expect.
When the 4t's came out, I bought a 2010 Creme for 3100. OTD.
And I know that around that time, new 09 2ts were going for less than 2500 at some dealers.
Hopefully, there will be some feedback.
My dealer has 1 Blue one with a big chip in the paint on the front fender. He's asking 3799$..
thanks to all who reply.
All replies are welcomed and encouraged
I paid a little less than MSRP - but that is because I've had other business dealings with the dealer. The tax is a matter of your taxing jurisdiction. Prep was $75 (quite reasonable) and shipping was about $175 (very reasonable).

My TT&L, prep and freight on my BMW was about $1,000 (quite unreasonable).

My dealer, Scootersmith, in Houston, is only charging MSRP prep and freight.
jmp111181

Post by jmp111181 »

Finally got my Stellauto yesterday. The red is so much prettier in person, just a beautiful color. I got #9 of 300 (awesome.) Only had a few minutes to ride so far, but it's a powerful little girl. Smooth ride, a lot quieter than I expected.

Will be riding more over the next couple days (gotta get it registered and insured - waiting on that to come thru right now), so can't give a ton of info. But man, it's just a gorgeous scooter. Already thrilled with it.
Attachments
stella.jpg
stella.jpg (65.33 KiB) Viewed 1440 times
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

jmp111181 wrote:Finally got my Stellauto yesterday. The red is so much prettier in person, just a beautiful color. I got #9 of 300 (awesome.) Only had a few minutes to ride so far, but it's a powerful little girl. Smooth ride, a lot quieter than I expected.

Will be riding more over the next couple days (gotta get it registered and insured - waiting on that to come thru right now), so can't give a ton of info. But man, it's just a gorgeous scooter. Already thrilled with it.
Congratulations. The bike gets better and better as it breaks in. Interesting thing about the first edition. Only the red bike that came in said XXX of 300. The other colors, like my black one, only said 167 of ____. I guess they paid more attention to the red. You might want to ask your dealer whether the fuel line was replaced with a shorter line. Mine was changed out at the dealership and Genuine was changing them out on bikes still in Chicago.
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

I heard that there have also been a few faulty CDIs in the Autos. A simple fix/swap if your dealer is on top of things during the prep.
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

SockyTX wrote:I heard that there have also been a few faulty CDIs in the Autos. A simple fix/swap if your dealer is on top of things during the prep.
They had to swap the component in my bike. Everything is fine now.
clayjo

Post by clayjo »

Can you explain more about the CDI component is? What does the unit do and if it is faulty will is still run? My dealer is not nearby, so I want to make sure I'm on top of everything.

The dealer is delivering mine tomorrow and would like to check with them beforehand.
Elder Scoot

Post by Elder Scoot »

clayjo wrote:Can you explain more about the CDI component is? What does the unit do and if it is faulty will is still run? My dealer is not nearby, so I want to make sure I'm on top of everything.

The dealer is delivering mine tomorrow and would like to check with them beforehand.
It's a part of the electronic carb system made by Del Orto. My bike wouldn't start at all because it was not getting a spark. A new unit was plugged in and off she went. Genuine was able to trouble shoot that one right away so it probably has to do with not starting.
black sunshine

Post by black sunshine »

Elder Scoot wrote:
clayjo wrote:Can you explain more about the CDI component is? What does the unit do and if it is faulty will is still run? My dealer is not nearby, so I want to make sure I'm on top of everything.

It's a part of the electronic carb system made by Del Orto. My bike wouldn't start at all because it was not getting a spark. A new unit was plugged in and off she went. Genuine was able to trouble shoot that one right away so it probably has to do with not starting.
yeah, my friend is having the same problem with hers! oddly, it seems to be every time i'm supposed to ride w/her on my Buddy . . . maybe it's intimidated? :-)
RubberDogTurds

Post by RubberDogTurds »

black sunshine wrote:
Elder Scoot wrote:

yeah, my friend is having the same problem with hers! oddly, it seems to be every time i'm supposed to ride w/her on my Buddy . . . maybe it's intimidated? :-)
I be that friend, and my dealer actually had a string of bad CDI's which caused some headaches since they were unaware of some a large faulty batch and thought the issue to be something else. She is finally back in my driveway after two trips back for servicing and hopefully all the fuel line and CDI's issues have been resolved and logged enough that us first 300 and those going forward can rest easy.