Stella 4T won't start

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

p.russo911

Stella 4T won't start

Post by p.russo911 »

I ran around town yesterday starting and stopping. I noticed that it seemed to have a slight loss of power and speed. On my way home it would not start. The key was turned on, the stand up, in neutral, and the clutch engaged. I also noticed the small oarking light in the head light assembly was nit illuminated. The horn would not operate.
I was able to use the kick starter to get home. Ince there I kept it running and noticed the break kight had very little light and the turn signals were hardly visable. I did get a minir blinker sound and they did blink but again very minimal.
The scooter is 1 year old, and when not in use the battery is on a trickle charger.

Any ideas? It is going in for warranty service today but I would oike to jnow what happened.
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

I would suspect the regulator/rectifier. Particularly, the rectifier section. However, I'd check the wiring first to make sure that nothing had come unplugged.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...