More foot pegs update

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

issue31

More foot pegs update

Post by issue31 »

:lol: I made a little change to my More foot pegs. So here goes!
More foot pegs
I would like to thank jd for the info and idea for foot pegs. THANK YOU!
My list of materials is about the same as what jb had only I made mine different. METERIALS
3/16 X 1in. X 4 foot is stainless steel flat iron. (Free local junk yard)
Foot pegs, local bike shop. Same price as his, but no shipping!
Longer metric bolts. (M6-1.0x30mm) Auto Zone.
Small pieces of Velcro.

Now the fun part. Measures, cut, bend the center piece. Measured from different points to get the bolt down holes right. Drill holes 2 sizes bigger to allow for a little adjustment.

Did not like where my feet were going to be, so I cut 2 pieces 7 inches long wielded then to the cross piece. Next thing they were a little to low, so I notched the 7 in. pieces and bent them up a little. Next the pegs slanted down a little so I twisted them up a little. Then said that’s good enough, and welded then solid where I had notched them. Work grate! Like jd said you can not put a lot of weight on them, but they are grate for stretching out your legs.

The Velcro went in the inside of the bend of the cross piece, so nothing would scuff the plastic. I am enclosing pictures from Photobucket, hope they turn out.

Up date: Added a clip on each side to hook on the frame. This took the stress off the two floor board bolts. Worked great! Project done.

agrogod

Post by agrogod »

And this is how an idea goes from concept to practical use to requests for a new line of Buddy foot pegs. You my friend have the makings of a new business, just saying. :wink:
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing
Roofaloof

Post by Roofaloof »

These look great! I'm considering adding foot pegs myself.

Do these scrape during hard cornering?
Knows just enough to be dangerous
toot

Post by toot »

I never could get comfortable riding my 170 I so I sold it and got the Blur. My feet just never felt in the right place. Over edge or cramped. I would get leg cramps after 20 miles. I loved the handling in the twisty roads and if I had seen this I may have kept it. Cool idea :D