Introduction!

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

FoBangah

Introduction!

Post by FoBangah »

Hey there everyone!

Super stoked to be finally joining up here. Looking forward to chatting/riding with as many of you as I can! I'm sure introductions aren't common place here but TO BAD! I'm gonna post one anyways! :P

The name is Will and I've been lurking here for the past 3 months or so and figured it was time to register. I've always had a secret crush on the BlackCat/Rattler/RoughHouse line of scooters, and an even more "closeted" love of the bigger 4t Buddy's. Now that I am an employee of a "certain" Genuine dealer here in Richmond, VA, I've gotten to experience the bikes first hand. The love has only gotten stronger. Now on to the stuff about me and my intentions with your daught...er.. I mean.. on this wonderful forum.

The name is Will and I've been HEAVILY involved in the scooter scene for the past 6 or so years, having mostly owned/ridden/customized Honda products and loving the late 80's/early 90's "box" bikes -I'm sure you know where most of my back ground lay and yes, you would be correct - Those da*m "Ruckus" kids. ;)

Now before you pass judgment, don't get it twisted. I'm trying my very best to leave that "scene" behind seeing as it is filling up with "squid' riders and "jewelry" queens (guys that buy just because they are "cool"). I'm a RIDER, and show no scooter bias. No matter how much money I may throw at a "build", I beat them like an alcoholics TaoTao :lol:

With that being said, I'm fairly well known in that scene for being the funny guy that is quick to have fun at my own expense and to go out of the way to help others, all while trying to PUSH the customization level of ANY scooter I may have in the stable. Shaving CVT pulleys/drive faces, drive boss "adapting" to run weird variators, playing with belt widths/lengths, modding CVK carbs, stator/flywheel mods to drop rotational mass, my own head work..... anything/everything bolt on...you name it.. I've probably done it performance wise. Same for the aesthetics.

I've been "in-bed" with some of the major players in that scene for awhile in some form or fashion - whether just being friends by happen stance, room mates living together, and even employed by some. I know for sure Mr. Hall from Enviromoto is somewhere in this awesome forum, and he will vouch for my light heartness and helpful ways!

I'm not bragging or anything, but the reason I say is that passing on my findings/experience and seeing the results experienced by others is one of the biggest reasons I'm so passionate about ruining a perfectly good scooter. I like helping people, even if they don't need it... :lol: SO expect to see A LOT of info coming from me in the near future regarding stuff you may have never seen on the Buddy/RoughHouse line before.

Well, to keep this from turning into a "tl;dr" post, I'll throw up some images of my bikes over the years (except the RoughHouse I've acquired.. since I haven't picked it up yet LOL) and a few more cliffs about myself.

Thanks for having me and I'm super-stoked to learn about these great bikes and even contributing some info (and non-sense) myself!

BTW - Feel free to point out folks in my area so i can introduce myself in person! (I'll be adding myself to the member map shortly)

CLIFFS -
Currently work at ScootRichmond
Live in Richmond, VA (duh)
Used to work at ComposiMo
I do's my own's work to my own's bikes, and sometimes other peoples!
If you have a Ruckus/Metropolitan question.. I more than likely have the answer. (It's sickening.. really)
Currently own a '02 Metro, '87 Jog, '01 Elite 50S, ChingChong150, RH50
I like turtles and I love lamp!

Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Welcome to MB. I think you will find a pretty wide variety of different kinds of riders here. Many are not into one scooter "scene" or another, but all are certainly united by their love of riding scooters.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

Welcome. From the Mojave desert of California. Or in my neck of the woods, a "mini-Texas", as I like to call it. Where I live, if you don't own a truck, your considered "odd". (and that's just the way I like it)....I got into scooters because it was the un-cool thing to do here. Most riders ride Harleys and crotch rockets here and that's cool too if that's your thing but I like the smaller cc bikes so that's what I went with.....
FoBangah

Post by FoBangah »

Dooglas wrote:Welcome to MB. I think you will find a pretty wide variety of different kinds of riders here. Many are not into one scooter "scene" or another, but all are certainly united by their love of riding scooters.
I really wasn't into them at all, much less any particular scene... until DMV decided I had racked up too many demerits and took my license for 3 months. Had to have transpo so... next thing you know - I had my license back but had more money's worth of scooters than I had car!

The variety here is what drew me in (as well as the scooters). It's great to have guys/girls to cross reference parts with as well. It's also great to not be hounded by the "ricers" the Ruckus crowd seems to attract. I'll be trolling around in my free time looking for the next event/meet/ride I can make to touch hand with as much of MB as possible.
Drum Pro wrote:Welcome. From the Mojave desert of California. Or in my neck of the woods, a "mini-Texas", as I like to call it. Where I live, if you don't own a truck, your considered "odd". (and that's just the way I like it)....I got into scooters because it was the un-cool thing to do here. Most riders ride Harleys and crotch rockets here and that's cool too if that's your thing but I like the smaller cc bikes so that's what I went with.....
:waves: I couldn't agree more! I enjoy the "big" stuff too, just not as much as the small. That is one of the few good things about riding a scooter that is so heavily customized - The "big bike" guys who ask that SAME question that ALL of us get - " When you gonna get a REAL bike?" is always trumped by : " The minute I don't see 5 :insert make/model of the questioners bike: in the same town." :roll:
caffeine65

Post by caffeine65 »

FoBangah wrote:" The minute I don't see 5 :insert make/model of the questioners bike: in the same town." :roll:
:lol: I am so totally stealing that line if I'm ever asked!
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Welcome - I'm a 80's Honda scooter fan. I was at the Indian Summer rally last November - 7 Hills puts out an awesome rally. I would love to work at a scooter shop - you're living the dream.

RT
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
ender07

Post by ender07 »

W00t!! Another Roughouse! Join us in our sub-forum to talk RH only if you want, and welcome to MB!
Roughhouse 50 - custom green paint job, Prima exhaust pipe, 5G rollers, 1000 RPM contra spring, 2000 RPM clutch pillow springs, 95 carb jet, UNI pod air filter, debadged, delobstered, PIAA Super Plasma performance headlight
Roofaloof

Post by Roofaloof »

Welcome! Nice to see another tinker-er around here on MB.

I'm just getting into scooters myself, but have lots of experience tearing other stuff apart. Also some experience putting it back together.
Knows just enough to be dangerous
toot

Post by toot »

Cool first scoot and second one is quite interesting. Welcome :D :wink:
BootScootin'FireFighter

Post by BootScootin'FireFighter »

nice fleet! I make it downstate to Richmond every now and again, maybe we'll cross paths at some point. I recognize the Ruckus from the Five and Dime ride, but I don't recall meeting you. That was a trip, I was on the Black Buddy wearing that sinful ugly yellow jacket. I don't recall what month that ride takes place, but I might try to make it again this year for it.
FoBangah

Post by FoBangah »

RoaringTodd wrote:.... I was at the Indian Summer rally last November - 7 Hills puts out an awesome rally. ....

RT
Red Elite right? I remember your bike! I'm a child of the 80's so I'm drawn to them for some reason - I think because my dad was a big Devo fan growing up (the old guys will get the reference ;) )

BootScootin'FireFighter wrote:nice fleet! I make it downstate to Richmond every now and again, maybe we'll cross paths at some point. I recognize the Ruckus from the Five and Dime ride, but I don't recall meeting you. That was a trip, I was on the Black Buddy wearing that sinful ugly yellow jacket. I don't recall what month that ride takes place, but I might try to make it again this year for it.
I was the guy "running the show" so-to-speak. All the credit goes to the sponsors for that year, but I organized, planned, sourced, etc etc that one - One of the beach guys is taking on that responsibility this year, but I'll be ride captain again.. so I'll address everyone about safety/route/etc

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN COMING - We meet at 9:30am on June 7th in the WaWa parking just outside of RIC Airport (theres only one and its right at the main entrance) - Make sure you can consistently hit 45mph and your bike is reliable and you are WELCOME to join in!
FoBangah

Post by FoBangah »

BTW - One of you just emailed me regarding measuring cylinder specs - I can't remember who it was ATM but I havn't forgotten about you. I'm still learning the parts room so when I get a minute and we have them on the shelf, I'll grip a few and let you know - I'm stickler for the "rules" of being a godd employee so I try not to procrastinate with NON-work duties :P
lovemysan

Post by lovemysan »

Fobangah, That was me. I ended up pulling the cylinder to measure them. Thin gaskets measured .020". Thick measured .030".

I set my squish at .050". I have a feeling this will be kick start only.
161cc big bore kit, NCY big valve head Hand ported, NCY transmission kit, jetted and tuned. I can port your cylinder head.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hph ... 2702_o.jpg

That is way cool looking! Welcome to MB!
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).