First couple days with my new 2012 4 Stroke Stella

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Macwild

First couple days with my new 2012 4 Stroke Stella

Post by Macwild »

Just picked up my new 2012 (only had 27 miles on it!) and really enjoying it so far.
A couple things that will take getting use to are the turn indicator switches on the right side and rear brake pedal! And wow, that turn indicator sound! My wife could hear it from inside the house when I turned the corner on to our block!
Totally different than anything I've ridden before!
One thing I've noticed and not sure if it's normal or not is how hard it shifts into first. From 2nd to 1st or 2nd to neutral to 1st, it makes a hard shift. It does this at a complete stop or while moving.
Is this normal? I've had motorcycles that shifted hard into first but this seems a little too hard.
I know the shifting will take some getting use to but I'm also finding that I over shoot the gear. Going from 1st to 2nd I sometimes end up in 3rd.
Just wondering if all of this is normal with this type of scooter.
Thanks!
SockyTX

Post by SockyTX »

Congrats and welcome to the club.

Shifting into first can be done a little easier by rocking forward a little when shifting into first.
SockyTX
Hispanic Panic
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Congrats!

The tranny is about as primative...and simple...as possible so it is "clunky" If you're not used to it you may think it is tearing itself apart...yeah...it's normal!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
Macwild

Post by Macwild »

SockyTX wrote:Congrats and welcome to the club.

Shifting into first can be done a little easier by rocking forward a little when shifting into first.
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
Macwild

Post by Macwild »

BuddyRaton wrote:Congrats!

The tranny is about as primative...and simple...as possible so it is "clunky" If you're not used to it you may think it is tearing itself apart...yeah...it's normal!
Ok that makes me feel better! I wasn't expecting a scooter like my Kymco 250 but I guess I wasn't sure what to expect.
slotrod65

Post by slotrod65 »

Welcome, and yes: CLUNK! As for that rear brake pedal: Go easy, it is easy to lock up the rear wheel, and that is never a good thing.