Amerivespa 2015 - Indianapolis

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

ScootLemont

Amerivespa 2015 - Indianapolis

Post by ScootLemont »

Amerivespa 2015 - Indianapolis June 11-14
with a ride on the Indianapolis Motor Speedway

Here is the story on scooterFile
http://www.scooterfile.com/events/ameri ... announced/

Who else in in?

Last edited by ScootLemont on Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScootLemont

Post by ScootLemont »

It's only 187 miles so I might even ride to this one.

Really had a good time at Amerivespa in Lake Geneva & it looks like everyone is having a good time right now in New Orleans.

Looking forward to being able to make it to Amerivespa in Indianapolis & a ride on the speedway should be very cool.

I guess I will have to actually spring for a GoPro & a good mount before then.
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

4 or 5 hours on the scoot, so doable! Sure, it can be less, but I like to meander about. I was bummed when the Lake Geneva one happened right before I moved back to Chicago :cry: It's a year away but as of now I'm down.
"Hey You, yeah, all you'se thoughts, specially you, creepy wierd one in the corner, Screw you guys, I'm going for a ride..."
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

I cannot miss another one that is close enough for me to ride to! I plan to be there.
Robert Wayne Henderson (May 16, 1932 - July 28, 2009).
Whimscootie

Post by Whimscootie »

Wow! I hope to be there too!
Scootin' for a slower pace of life...
www.49ccscooterlife.blogspot.com
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I'll go, if only to find the f---er who stole my Blur150 from the IMS campground during the 2008 MotoGP race.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

Heck, I might even be able to ride my 50cc there! I live in Bloomington, which is 60ish miles away, so I'm definitely going. :D
Robbie

Post by Robbie »

I'll be there!

Rob
ohiotj

Post by ohiotj »

Might require altering some of my vacation plans for next year, but since it is only 120 or so miles away, I'd like to make it there.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

Will be there! Hopefully the 64 Vespa GD will be completed!

I will say that I think that is the best looking Amerivespa poster since Chattanooga 08

"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

craftynerd wrote:Heck, I might even be able to ride my 50cc there! I live in Bloomington, which is 60ish miles away, so I'm definitely going. :D
I've got friends in Bloomington so I'll probably be up there to visit before going on to Indianapolis. Let me know if there is a group ride to AV that I can join for the last leg.
Stilts

Post by Stilts »

I may be planning my 2015 vacation around this with a long, multi-day ride from Baltimore.

Of course, I have all sorts of grandiose plans in my head, so we'll see if I actually follow through on this in about 11 months! :)
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

BuddyRaton wrote:Will be there! Hopefully the 64 Vespa GD will be completed!

I will say that I think that is the best looking Amerivespa poster since Chattanooga 08
Agreed on both points! Are print posters available of the Amerivespa posters?
az_slynch

Post by az_slynch »

I'd go, but I'd probably have to truck a scoot in. No problems with distance, but I'd be pressed for time. Can't take more than a week off at a time without high-level approval and it'd take a while to ride the ~1700 miles each way on a 200cc machine.
Last edited by az_slynch on Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
At what point does a hobby become an addiction? I'm uncertain, but after the twelfth scooter, it sorta feels like the latter...

Seriously...I've lost count...

Seven mopeds ...that's still manageable...
chloefpuff

Post by chloefpuff »

4.5 hour drive from Holland MI. I would love to round up some Grand Rapids peeps and ride down there.
so tough, so pink
Throwback7R

Post by Throwback7R »

We will def try and make it out there for this. Just hope things work out next year.
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

pugbuddy wrote:
craftynerd wrote:Heck, I might even be able to ride my 50cc there! I live in Bloomington, which is 60ish miles away, so I'm definitely going. :D
I've got friends in Bloomington so I'll probably be up there to visit before going on to Indianapolis. Let me know if there is a group ride to AV that I can join for the last leg.
Oh, there will definitely be a ride!
Raputtak

Post by Raputtak »

Plan on attending with my Stella 4T manual.
BeefSupreme

Post by BeefSupreme »

This year was so much fun, I think i'll have to go next year too. I'd love to ride the burgman all the way, but I think my GF and her Buddy 125 wouldn't be happy about that. Looks like trailering for 740 miles it is!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I've made the past several years and would like to do this one, too.

Depends on a lot of things, though…

I (casually) know one of the local organizers and it sounds like they have a really great rally in store. Their level of organization this early in the planning is highly unusual.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
iMoses

Post by iMoses »

As of right now I am attending! Perhaps I'll bring a few KC peeps with me.
BuddyRaton
Scooter Dork

Post by BuddyRaton »

az_slynch wrote:I'd go, but I'd probably have to truck a scoot in. No problems with distance, but I'd be pressed for time. Can't take more than a week off at a time without high-level approval and it'd take a while to ride the ~1700 miles each way on a 200cc machine.
If things work out I may go for furthest ridden...vintage of course!
"Things fall apart - it's scientific" - David Byrne
www.teamscootertrash.com

'06 Cream Buddy 125, 11 Blur 220, 13 BMW C 650 GT, 68 Vespa SS180, 64 Vespa GS MK II, 65 Lambretta TV 175, 67 Vespa GT, 64 Vespa 150 VBB 64 Vespa GL
RiderK

Post by RiderK »

Hey all, I'm only about 10-15 minutes away from the 500 track and would be able to acquire some land on a friends farm to camp out at, and it's only about 20-25 minutes away from the track. Also my brother would let me use his property to camp on. Plus at his house he'll be sure to make a party of it. Also a four car garage to safely park our scoots. Just let me know in advance so I can get it set up.
2014 Roughhouse, S6 Sp Pro Mk2, C16 city, Athena full circle, 19 PHBG, Voca cf reeds, S6 TC clutch red spr, Polini vario, NCY tq drvr, premix, Polini tach temp voltage gauge, LEDs all around
Benzo Mike

Post by Benzo Mike »

Why not? That is, if my wife can master the incredibly difficult task of competently piloting a twist-grip scooter by then...
New signature - you don't care what else I have, and I don't care to tell you about it. I have a 2009 Buddy Italia, let's leave it at that.
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

RiderK wrote:Hey all, I'm only about 10-15 minutes away from the 500 track and would be able to acquire some land on a friends farm to camp out at, and it's only about 20-25 minutes away from the track. Also my brother would let me use his property to camp on. Plus at his house he'll be sure to make a party of it. Also a four car garage to safely park our scoots. Just let me know in advance so I can get it set up.
HECK YES! How do we sign up? What kind of "camping" are we talking about? Totally tent or crashing on a barn floor? Showers available? Need the details to make sure I could do this.
RiderK

Post by RiderK »

pugbuddy wrote:
RiderK wrote:Hey all, I'm only about 10-15 minutes away from the 500 track and would be able to acquire some land on a friends farm to camp out at, and it's only about 20-25 minutes away from the track. Also my brother would let me use his property to camp on. Plus at his house he'll be sure to make a party of it. Also a four car garage to safely park our scoots. Just let me know in advance so I can get it set up.
HECK YES! How do we sign up? What kind of "camping" are we talking about? Totally tent or crashing on a barn floor? Showers available? Need the details to make sure I could do this.
Well at the farm it would be tents and not in one of the barns. Old Bill has a ton of restored hotrods in a few pole barns and his beloved combine in another (and he REALLY loves his new combine). I can snap some photos of the area. It would be just on the other side of a small creek that is easily waded through (usually about a foot deep if it's not flooded) and no one would bother us. I'll post my email to anyone that wants to see pictures because I'm taking my daughter there later for a little picnic. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send pics. If we decide to go to my brothers house then it would be tents as well but he has a big yard and a four car garage to park the scoots in. He'd be thrilled to host the event but having that many strangers in his house isn't something we'd do. But if we stay there it'll be cookouts every night, drinks, frisbee, music, and other yard sports every night. Plus if you know how to play Euchre then you'll get along just fine. I figure we should at least be able to house ten riders or so. So let me know peeps and I'll get the ball rolling. I'm pretty excited about it!!

Shower availability? Hmmm, let me work on that one. There's a few travel plazas about 20 minutes away but I should be able to find better options. Hell I'll whore bath in the creek and be happy for a few days. Not sure my brother wants a bunch of strangers running through his house constantly. But let me chat with him and see what I can do.
2014 Roughhouse, S6 Sp Pro Mk2, C16 city, Athena full circle, 19 PHBG, Voca cf reeds, S6 TC clutch red spr, Polini vario, NCY tq drvr, premix, Polini tach temp voltage gauge, LEDs all around
Yalzin

Post by Yalzin »

Outdoor showers aren't hard to make. Can even make privacy curtains for those that want them :)
pugbuddy

Post by pugbuddy »

I just reserved my hotel and bought my ticket. I'm not staying at the Event Hotel but I'm not that far out (Red Roof South) so it should work out well.

If anyone is looking for a last minute roommate and wants to split the cost, PM me. It's quite affordable and appears to be in a decent part of town.