Roughhouse headlight - WTF?

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

mthirsch

Roughhouse headlight - WTF?

Post by mthirsch »

Hi all,

New to the forums, long time lurker. I have a 2012 Buddy "Psycho" 125 and fell in love with these little genuine scooters.

I've been looking for a used Genuine 2 stroke 50cc,and would include the Roughhouse... except for the awful headlight. I can't believe the two apertures are fake and it's a single bulb. I just hate it. Has anyone put in two "real" smaller headlights? If it's like the Buddy 50, the headlight is AC I believe, which complicates things.

Thanks. This is the sole reason I'm only looking for Buddys or maybe old Zumas right now.
mthirsch

Re: Roughhouse headlight - WTF?

Post by mthirsch »

Well, it looks like I'm purchasing a 2021 RH. I'm going to try to mod the headlight and will certainly post here if I have any success.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I've looked into this on a Roughhouse. The headlight reflector on the RH is made to throw the light provided by the center bulb out to the sides, asinine design if you ask me. They make some great AC compatible LED H4 bulbs that put out over twice the light of your stock bulb. Try one of them, and aim the headlight slightly down. It might provide a solution you are happy with for very little time and money. Or, if you want to go big, order one of these and get it to fit in your legshield: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115757176924 Replace the equipped bulbs with high output AC LEDs with total draw of under 35 watts.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-01-05 1.54.02 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-01-05 1.54.02 PM.png (371.26 KiB) Viewed 4618 times
Less chit chat, more riding, Buddy 50, 125, 170i, RH50, Yamaha C3
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I did the first option.
Attachments
stock
stock
LED AC/DC safe