Blur dead for 2008. New Buddy 150s, New Stellas!

All things Genuine Blur

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Blur dead for 2008. New Buddy 150s, New Stellas!

Post by illnoise »

my network of spies pays off again:

http://2strokebuzz.com/index.php/?p=3823

No Blur

150cc Buddy "International" editions
50cc Italia
new Buddy colors

New Stellas in Jan, new colors, other small changes

New "Roughhouse" 50cc

Photos tonight.

Bryan
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
louden

Post by louden »

No wonder they were dealing on the 07's (of which I bought one)!

Well, maybe the Blur will become a collectors item or something like that. I wonder what that means for part and service moving forward. I hope we hear something from Genunine about that topic.

Maybe the G-Max/Blur are ahead of their time?
louden

Long Live the Blur!

Post by louden »

Long Live the Blur!

...Had to get that in there...
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

The Blur was just too far ahead of its time for the USA market.

I'm with louden. The Blur is Dead! Long Live the Blur!
Last edited by jrsjr on Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fs8gbe

still getting one...

Post by fs8gbe »

yeah i'm still going to get one (blur). i just hope the parts chain doesn't wither into death...
justscooten

Post by justscooten »

ok i am really up set now :cry: thanks for making my day way to go . no more blur thats just great finaly i get my wife to say i can get the darn thing (in the spring) and now there not going to import it thats just facken great :x now what genuine dosnt make any other scooter that size that can fit 2up well. what now kymco betandwin? the buddy is just to small now my life is over :cry:
fs8gbe

Post by fs8gbe »

the bet and win has a nice feel to it, but hands down the styling and handling of the blur just beats it out.
illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

They don't import the bet and win anymore, but I liked it a lot and you could probably find a new one cheap-ish.

There's no reason NOT to buy the blur, there are tons in stock, and they'll be on the roads for years, they're a good bike and we have a good community here. There are really good discounts on 06s, and the 07s will be available for a while. And who knows, maybe next year will bring a new Blur, if the 07s sell out over the course of the year.

Bb.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
Erlkonig

Post by Erlkonig »

Taiwan's law now require all motorcycle and scooter equip with fuel inject system in 2008(your H-D motorcycle just passed the exhaust test in Taiwan rencently).

PGO rencent offer the G-max 150 EFI in the market.

Hope blur 200 for you soon!
ericalm
Site Admin

Post by ericalm »

I think the style of the Blur is something that just doesn't appeal to most Americans yet. It doesn't conform to what people think of as a "motorscooter" (didn't look like a Vespa or even a maxi) but wasn't so revolutionary that it defined its own category (like the MP3). It also didn't offer huge performance advantages over the Buddy. So it was kind of in limbo.
Eric // LA Scooter Meetup Group // Stella 4T // Vespa LX // Vespa LXS // Honda Helix // some, uh, projects…
beelzebubbles

Post by beelzebubbles »

Erlkonig wrote: Hope blur 200 for you soon!
I hope so, too! If they can bring over the Blur 200 to the US market, that would fill that gap for Genuine. Since the Blur is supposed to be the sportier model, why don't they get one with a meatier engine for it?

I sort of got the impression that, for many people, the extra 25cc for something close to $1000 more wasn't enough of a factor to switch from Buddy to Blur (of course, I chose the latter because it wasn't just the cc's that made the difference for me).
lobsterman

Post by lobsterman »

beelzebubbles wrote:I sort of got the impression that, for many people, the extra 25cc for something close to $1000 more wasn't enough of a factor to switch from Buddy to Blur (of course, I chose the latter because it wasn't just the cc's that made the difference for me).
I chose the Buddy over the Blur in 2006 for a variety of reasons, but mostly it was the price. I wasn't a rider yet, and to me the idea of paying all that extra money for a bike that wasn't any faster seemed silly to me.

Now I'd like a Blur too. We'll see. Money is still the big issue for me, it would be tough to justify the purchase, even if I sold the Buddy which I don't really want to do.
Kevin
AYPWIP?