Buddy 50 or Roughhouse 50- storage and top case Qs

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

thattoe

Buddy 50 or Roughhouse 50- storage and top case Qs

Post by thattoe »

I'm deciding between a Genuine buddy or roughhouse, and I plan on buying one in the very near future. I'm leaning towards the roughhouse for it's wider tires, but I'd like some storage- especially for a helmet (don't have one yet, so I was thinking three quarter or full face). I'm considering a topcase as well, but from reading on some of the posts, it sounds like it takes a little bit of findangoling to get a topcase on a roughhouse. Is that true?
Also, is it possible to fit a helmet in either the buddy or the roughhouse storage compartment?

Thanks in advance for your expertise!
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

From my personal experience with the Buddy, before I switched to the low-profile seat, I could easily fit a 3/4 face helmet underneath my seat. Not entirely sure about a full face helmet, or if one would fit under the Roughhouse seat, but hopefully someone else can provide insight about that! :)
2stroker

Post by 2stroker »

yep, my son's ff fits inside his buddy's carrier, but he has to stuff his gloves, 8' cable lock, and harbor freight flashlight inside the helmet and push down a little to get the lock to lock... there's also two little "hooks" under the seat you can hang your helmet on and then close the seat to "lock" it, helmet hangs outside, don't know if I'd do that if I was parked all day but for a quick zip into the store or whatever, I haven't had a problem...
agrogod

Post by agrogod »

I can speak for the RH. 3/4 helmet will fit under the seat comfortably. And yes getting a top case to fit the rack can be an experience. I was able to get a EMGO attached with strap hangars and heavy duty zip ties. Done in such a way as to be a clean look. Its been on for 4 yrs. and not a problem.
"When your mouth is yapping your arms stop flapping, get to work" - a quote from my father R.I.P..
always start with the simple, it may end up costing you little to nothing