Buddy windshields

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

luckyscroller788

Buddy windshields

Post by luckyscroller788 »

My wife said she wants a windshield for her blue buddy. The two I've looked at on Scooterworks is a Cuppini model, and a Prima model. I think the Cuppini will give her more protection. Those of you with windshields can you help me decide. Which do you have, how is the quality, and longevity been? does the cuppini protect more than the prima? Is the extra $'s for the Cuppini money well spent? thanks.
issue31

windscreen

Post by issue31 »

:lol: i have a Cuppini works grate. have had them for a few years. on a 125,a 50, and a 170. never had anything else.
Drum Pro

Post by Drum Pro »

I vote for the Cuppini. I have one and they are great. + they look better on the Buddy....
craftynerd

Post by craftynerd »

I've got a Cuppini as well on my Buddy - and it's perfect! It's a good height, it was relatively easy to install, and it looks pretty good. I've got a windshield for my Metropolitan that I picked up from Scooterworks as well, but it's dinky compared to the Cuppini one and shoots air right up into my helmet... that sucker's coming off as soon as the cold weather's gone, haha. I'd say definitely go with the Cuppini - as I've said, and others too, it's a great windshield.
KABarash

Post by KABarash »

Though I find the Cuppini more pleasing to the eye, I have the Prima, it was cheaper, $25 second hand.
I'd assume one is just as good as the other though I cannot compare as I've only ridden behind mine.
Aging is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My kids call me 'crazy', I prefer 'Eccentric'.
Nullius in verba
skipper20

Re: Buddy windshields

Post by skipper20 »

luckyscroller788 wrote:My wife said she wants a windshield for her blue buddy. The two I've looked at on Scooterworks is a Cuppini model, and a Prima model. I think the Cuppini will give her more protection. Those of you with windshields can you help me decide. Which do you have, how is the quality, and longevity been? does the cuppini protect more than the prima? Is the extra $'s for the Cuppini money well spent? thanks.
I have both - a Prima on my 170i Italia and a Cuppini on my Blackjack. They both work equally well. The Cuppini looks a bit more sporty so it goes better on the Blackjack. If your wife wants a sportier look and you don't mind spending a few more $, go with the Cuppini. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with the Prima.

Bill in Seattle
'09 150 Blackjack
'12 170i Italia
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I have a Cuppini too. Works great. Keeps the rain off your chest and crotch.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
ModernMike

Post by ModernMike »

I have the Cupinni mid size. I like the way it wraps around the light. Wind protection in cooler temps was my motive vs the Prime. I also didn't want too large for summers. I've heard of riders that will change screens with the season.
2014 Buddy 170i (2) One for GF
2012 BMW R1200RT
luckyscroller788

Thanks you all. You confirmed my thoughts. Cuppini it is ! I'll have to head out to Midwest Action Cycles one of these days and buy it! Thanks again!
MYSCTR

Cuppini Wins

Post by MYSCTR »

Below are 5 links to the gallery that all show the Cuppini Buddy (short) windscreen on our scooters we ride or have ridden. We did have one Prima that came in a special package one year yet found we really prefer the Cuppini so we gave the Prima away when we sold a scooter. Note for comparison there is a Prima on a scoot in the Red 125 link lower down near the bottom of the post. Amazon has it with free shipping.

Note the direction of the arms to the clamps when installed & note the left hand threads very carefully on the right hand side on reassembly. Enjoy!

2014 Matt Black 170
topic28026.html

2014 Brit 170
topic27936.html

2009 Italia International 150
topic25240.html

2009 Red 125 (Also Black 125 near bottom with Prima)
topic25650.html

2008 Pamplona Jack
topic19773.html

Direct link to Scooter Works Cuppini (short) Windscreen:
http://www.scooterworks.com/cuppini--wi ... KaSLlpK6M4
ModernMike

Re: Cuppini Wins

Post by ModernMike »

MYSCTR wrote:Below are 5 links to the gallery that all show the Cuppini Buddy (short) windscreen on our scooters we ride or have ridden. We did have one Prima that came in a special package one year yet found we really prefer the Cuppini so we gave the Prima away when we sold a scooter. Note for comparison there is a Prima on a scoot in the Red 125 link lower down near the bottom of the post. Amazon has it with free shipping.

Note the direction of the arms to the clamps when installed & note the left hand threads very carefully on the right hand side on reassembly. Enjoy!

2014 Matt Black 170
topic28026.html

2014 Brit 170
topic27936.html

2009 Italia International 150
topic25240.html

2009 Red 125 (Also Black 125 near bottom with Prima)
topic25650.html

2008 Pamplona Jack
topic19773.html

Direct link to Scooter Works Cuppini (short) Windscreen:
http://www.scooterworks.com/cuppini--wi ... KaSLlpK6M4
I use an iPad to access the forum. Why can I not see any of the photos in these links :(
2012 BMW R1200RT
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

ModernMike wrote:I use an iPad to access the forum. Why can I not see any of the photos in these links :(
Cause they are for luckyscroller788 to see… hehe

Just kidding! They should be visible if you are logged in - as a member. But maybe there is a glitch in the website. As of late there have been two posts of pictures we know of that we can not see the pictures which is weird. Maybe switch to the Scooter Gallery forum and just look for the recent posts started by MYSCTR and see if they come up that way rather than follow the links.
ModernMike

Post by ModernMike »

MYSCTR wrote:
ModernMike wrote:I use an iPad to access the forum. Why can I not see any of the photos in these links :(

Just kidding! They should be visible if you are logged in - as a member. But maybe there is a glitch in the website. As of late there have been two posts of pictures we know of that we can not see the pictures which is weird. Maybe switch to the Scooter Gallery forum and just look for the recent posts started by MYSCTR and see if they come up that way rather than follow the links.
Yep. I'm logged in. No photos :( I will try the Scooter Gallery.
2012 BMW R1200RT
ModernMike

Post by ModernMike »

ModernMike wrote:
MYSCTR wrote:

Yep. I'm logged in. No photos :( I will try the Scooter Gallery.
I can see photos in the Scooter Gallery. :clap:
2012 BMW R1200RT
luckyscroller788

Thanks for the photos, I could see them just fine ( cuz they were intended for me!!!! ) :shock: :P I will be buying the cuppini for my wifes buddy (I have a roughhouse ). Theres no rush for me to get it now, its a long ways from riding season here (down to minus12 degrees forcasted for a couple nights here). I will most likely buy it from the dealer I bought the scoots from as they are fairly local and priced similarly to the online retailers (including Amazon, where I would still have to pay tax on anyways).