I Know It's Not a Buddy, But...

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Roose Hurro

I Know It's Not a Buddy, But...

Post by Roose Hurro »

It's been a while since I've been up to A&S BMW/Vespa, so I made the trip earlier today, went in to their used section, and ran into a Honda Elite 80... 2005 model, silver, with 31.4 miles on the odometer... yes, that's right, 31.4 miles! I asked, and they said it would be $2250 OTD ($1996 on the sticker). Still don't have the funds for a scoot, and I'm presently out of work, so that stinks. I don't know why, really, but I keep coming back to that old/new Honda scoot. A Buddy would definitely be superior, and worth the extra dinero. I did get to see, touch, examine and sit on a Buddy a while back, and the two scoots fit me equally well. But that blasted Honda design has been around for decades, has a rep as the most reliable scoot ever made, and is kinda like a Vespa P200... a new/old classic, if the word classic doesn't leave a sour taste in your mouth when mentioned in the same breath with True Class. I keep hoping no one will buy it, at that price... they still have a restored 1975 Honda CB400-4 sitting not far away from the Elite, and that one hasn't sold (they want $4000 for it). Maybe it's the drool stains or butt-prints I left on it, who knows? Guess I just find myself attracted to underdogs (and overpriced classics)......... :roll:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Roose Hurro on Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keys

Post by Keys »

Hmmm. I remember getting a '76 400-4 for $800 I think. Might have been a while ago, though...think it was before my son was born and he's 27...

--Keys 8)
"Life without music would Bb"
Roose Hurro

Memories and Lost Deals...

Post by Roose Hurro »

Yes, that seems to be my lot in life... all the good deals on classics came before said bikes actually became classics. Like the old mid-50's Ford/Chevy (can't remember which, since I was about 4-5 years old at the time) my mother used to drive. Back then, just another old used car to send to the scrap-heap, when it wore out its usefulness. And in the present, all the good deals have happened when I didn't have the funds to take advantage of them. Or the wisdom. Oh, well... live and learn, I guess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------