Helmet stickers

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

jmazza

Helmet stickers

Post by jmazza »

I love the protection and comfort my helmet gives me but the all black thing is boring me. I'm thinking of doing it up like an old suitcase with lots of random stickers. I started with a few Italy ones since I've got a Buddy Italia.

I used to have all kinds of crazy crap on my road cases for guitars and amps. Something like that would be cool on a helmet, right?

I've been to a few sites and ordered some stickers but does anyone have any suggestions for cool, unusual stickers that would make a good helmet collage? I'm not looking for reflective stickers- I've gotten a few of those so that's covered. Also they need to be relatively small and vinyl. Big stickers don't go around the contours of the helmet well and paper ones would obviously be destroyed in two rides.

Music stuff would be cool, as would scooter stuff... nothing motorcyclish, not that there's anything wrong with that. Just trying to make a FF helmet more scooter cool and less sport bike racer.
bonniebuddy

Post by bonniebuddy »

'''...
Last edited by bonniebuddy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

bonniebuddy wrote:nice. i love the old steamer trunks that have stickers from their travels on them. just an idea.
Yeah that's the idea. Except without taking all the time to do all the traveling required to really get the stickers!!

I want the look without the work. 8)
bonniebuddy

Post by bonniebuddy »

'''...
Last edited by bonniebuddy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

bonniebuddy wrote:there you go, thats the american way, i like it i like it!
Absolutely! It is more fun to do something like this over time but I want to at least get a good start.
bonniebuddy

Post by bonniebuddy »

'''...
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

bonniebuddy wrote:was good chatting with you joe, hope your sticker hunting goes well.
i have decided after reading all the moderators childish comments about s.i.r. and another member and after reading how they think its funny that this site lost 2 members in the past 24 hours, sadly i have to say i am now the 3rd casualty. i cant be part of a site that holds no regard for their members and has moderators that think its funny making childish comments about members, what are the moderators in elementary school?

i dont know how to delete my profile like the other members did but i am sure the moderators will be happy to delete me and make jokes about losing me and adding me to the 3rd lost list in the past 24 hours.
Who cares what the mods do, i find it funny that you care so much :cry:

Back on topic...mine has airbrushing on it
bonniebuddy

Post by bonniebuddy »

'''...
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

bonniebuddy wrote:someone has to stand up for the ones that have been stompped on
nice helmet btw.
I had a funny reply but it was slightly religious so i will just :)

Thanks btw
bonniebuddy

Post by bonniebuddy »

'''...
Last edited by bonniebuddy on Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

bonniebuddy wrote:and you know the rules scootertrash. no politics and no religion!
:lol:
rajron

Post by rajron »

That’s a way cool helmet, and noticing that skull and flames on the back side, nice!
ScooterTrash

Post by ScooterTrash »

rajron wrote:That’s a way cool helmet, and noticing that skull and flames on the back side, nice!
Yeah, I think if I keep this one i'm going with the rat rod look. Black/red wheels, white walls and some spikes
rajron

Post by rajron »

Way back when there was another guy with a ratted scoot: viewtopic.php?t=194&highlight=
afriendofcheese

Post by afriendofcheese »

illnoise
Moderator Emeritus

Post by illnoise »

I'm pretty sure most manufacturers say that putting stickers on your helmet can do bad things, some say the glue can affect the coatings and adhesives on/in the helmet and weaken it, which seems pretty unlikely, and some say it can affect the way a helmet slides (on the ground for instance) in an accident, which makes a little more sense, but still seems like it wouldn't make much of a difference.

I have stickers on my helmet, so I don't listen to that advice, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

As far as tips: vinyl decals and water transfers look better and hold up better than regular stickers. If you're using regular stickers, make sure they're printed on vinyl, not paper, paper ones fall off/fade/crumble in no time. And stick to smaller/rounder shapes, the bigger or more rectangular they are, the harder it is to put them on without wrinkles.

My favorite helmet sticker is one I stole during a brewery tour, it was made to stick to the top of a keg and it's shaped like a big "C" so it fit around the back and sides of my helmet perfectly.
2strokebuzz: When news breaks, we put it under a tarp in the garage.
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

illnoise wrote: As far as tips: vinyl decals and water transfers look better and hold up better than regular stickers. If you're using regular stickers, make sure they're printed on vinyl, not paper, paper ones fall off/fade/crumble in no time. And stick to smaller/rounder shapes, the bigger or more rectangular they are, the harder it is to put them on without wrinkles.

My favorite helmet sticker is one I stole during a brewery tour, it was made to stick to the top of a keg and it's shaped like a big "C" so it fit around the back and sides of my helmet perfectly.

Yeah, I figured there'd be some manufacturer warnings though my guess is it's more for liability purposes than anything else. And thanks for the tips- I'd already thought of some of that- definitely no paper (I have to ride in the rain too much for that to work), and I have put one medium sized square decal on the top and it has some wrinkles.

That keg sticker sounds sweet. I have one from this halloween that is a plate of nachos that looks like a jack o'lantern and says "this is my costume, now give me a beer." But I think it's paper so it probably won't make the helmet.
Kevin K

Post by Kevin K »

Just don't get too carried away.

-K
She rides: nothing yet
He rides: crappy 35 year-old Vespa (and 70cc Rattler)

Minnesota Motorcyle Monthly

My SmugMug
Valgal20

Post by Valgal20 »

Just cover the helmet in all the stickers you want, then dip the whole thing in polyurathane- Ta Da! Pretty, Long Lasting, and Extra Protective! :wink:
louie

Post by louie »

i'm in no way recommending these stickers

just sharing

someone left this behind. maybe i'll donate it to southern dis-comfort's rally for the raffle or maybe a jackass prize.
Attachments
P2090008_edited-2.jpg
P2090008_edited-2.jpg (136.96 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
P2090011_edited-2.jpg
P2090011_edited-2.jpg (143.87 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
P2090010_edited-1.jpg
P2090010_edited-1.jpg (107.97 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
P2090009_edited-1.jpg
P2090009_edited-1.jpg (147.51 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
P2090007_edited-1.jpg
P2090007_edited-1.jpg (149.88 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
jmazza

Post by jmazza »

louie wrote:i'm in no way recommending these stickers
Yeah, I think I'll pass on those!!! :lol:
louie

Post by louie »

well i hope they're not too racey but when i saw your post title what else am i suppose to think of other than this classy helmet left at my house, along with a ton of other trash. it hangs in the shop for me to see whenever i park in or take out my scooter from the shop.

just had to share :P ...