150cc Italia Value

Discussion of the Genuine Buddy, Hooligan, Black Jack and other topics, both scooter related and not

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

xTomBx

150cc Italia Value

Post by xTomBx »

Hey, i'm trying to figure out the value for a Italia 150. It was hardly ever ridden in the 3+ years she owned it. It only has around 500 miles on it, first service last year at dealer. Windshield, and front basket.
I researched a little, but numbers seem to be all over the place for one with that low of miles. It's basically brand new. I just need to pick up a battery for it.

Thoughts on resale value?
skully93

Post by skully93 »

What year?

the low miles can be a boon or a burden. All the fluids will need to be flushed and replaced, tires might be suspect if they were sitting on one spot for a long time. Rubber inside can go wrong as well.

Also, does it start right up, or will it need a thorough carb cleaning and service?

Despite the low miles, I would still say 2k is the max I'd even consider, if it starts right up and works well. If it needs service, battery, etc, maybe 1500 unless you feel comfortable doing it all yourself.
xTomBx

Post by xTomBx »

I think its an '09 or '10, I rode it last year. I haven't tried kicking it over yet this year. It gets stored in my dry garage over plastic.
KrispyKreme

Post by KrispyKreme »

Look it up here. It's a good starting point.

http://www.kbb.com/?psid=19999&siomid=s ... gqoddsopig
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

You're question is not very clear. Are you the buyer or the seller? Either way Craigslist will give you the information you are looking for. That scooter running like a top would fetch $1,600 to $1,900 in Denver now from a private seller. Search on Craigslist in your and surrounding areas. You can see how long their posts have been up. You can see what people are asking. Monitor CL and see how long ads are being left up. Blue book prices don't mean a whole lot for scooters. Don't know the real value until you have a fellow standing in front of you with a wad of cash in his hand.
xTomBx

Post by xTomBx »

Im selling it, my wife and I are splitting up and she doesn't want it any longer. So, off it goes to pay some bills.

My area seems to be a scooter wasteland, i very rarely see 150cc buddy's on CL.
DeeDee

Post by DeeDee »

I've sold two buddy's this Spring. What really helped them sell quickly was 1). Clean and detailed to the hilt, 2). All maintenance up to date, including fuel filter, valve adjustment , fluids and spark plug. I kept the spent parts to show prospective buyers. I stated in the CL post that the scooter would need nothing for the next 2,000 miles. I post the ad, and if it doesn't sell in the first week, I remove the ad, then re-post a week later with lower price. I hope this helps you out!
MYSCTR

Post by MYSCTR »

As a buyer we would say it is a deal at $1,600, with the adds $1,800 as long as it starts up nice, idles and runs great with no body damage.

As a motivated seller, these numbers should be good for you too. I am sure in the right market you could get more yet your location may actually get a little less. This scoot is basiclly new and needs to be ridden.
Dage'sVew

Post by Dage'sVew »

I guess that means these folks have priced theirs a bit too high, huh? http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/5052017546.html :roll: