2t wobble/weirdness after bike knocked over

The original 2-stroke Genuine scooter and its 4-stroke manual and automatic offspring

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

FourLegsGood

2t wobble/weirdness after bike knocked over

Post by FourLegsGood »

Got caught in some trolley tracks last month and took a spill. Bike hit the ground and bent the brake lever but otherwise it was alright. The next day I’m going down a winding path I’ve taken before and I nearly rode into oncoming traffic because the bike didn’t turn the same. I took it to the local scooter shop and they said the fork was seemingly fine and that I probably had jitters. However since then it’s become increasingly clear that SOMETHING is wrong. In 3rd and 4th gear it feels unsure and wobbly unless I’m going in a straight line. Driving through curvy roads is weird. What could be the problem?
milly

Post by milly »

Try spinning the wheels and see if they are buckled after the fall.
Stanza

Post by Stanza »

Outer rim may have been bent. Also check to make sure your steering tube is still straight. Get it on the center stand, center the wheel, and look at it straight on from a distance. If the front wheel is at an angle such as / or \, it will be an expensive repair.
FourLegsGood

Post by FourLegsGood »

Local scooter shop righted the alignment. However, of the chrome levers I purchased, only the clutch will work on my Stella 2t. Does anyone know of right handed chrome hydraulic brake lever I could throw on to replace my bent one?