Throttle adjustment

The spirited black sheep of the Genuine lineup

Moderator: Modern Buddy Staff

Johnny D.

Throttle adjustment

Post by Johnny D. »

There's a plastic sleeve that goes over the end of the throttle cable and screws into the carb. end. if I cut about a quarter of it off, would I increase the speed of my Roughhouse 50? Or mess something up?
boyjeenyus

That would actually adjust it the wrong way, I think. But..

Post by boyjeenyus »

But if you want to check the adjustment, remove the air filter so that you can see into the Carb. Turn the throttle handle while you're looking in there, and make sure that the slide (with the needle) goes all the way up so that the opening is 100% clear. There's an adjuster on the cable under a rubber boot right up close to the throttle handle. It's pointless to make it go farther than all the way open :)

Hope that helps!
Stephen
Johnny D.

Post by Johnny D. »

Thanks BoyJ, I'll try that first. Just trying to get a little more speed out of her. Don't mind sacrificing has mileage to do so either. 😱😀 It appeared by cutting that sleave down a lil, I'd be able to get more out of it. I will try your suggestion first though. Thanks again. J.
boyjeenyus

Post by boyjeenyus »

Gotcha. Unless it currently isn't opening the carb all the way (which it should be), you won't gain any extra power that way. Seems like most folks have great luck with some of the upgraded pipes, air filters, rejetting, and roller weights if you want more power. Heck, you may gain a little more with just an air filter upgrade and re-jet. Enjoy!
Stephen
Johnny D.

Post by Johnny D. »

Thanks Stephen for all the info. I have a list of parts upgrades that I want to do. Was just looking to see if there were any free stuff to do first. I have to spend twice as much for all things I do. I bought 1 for my wife and 1 for myself. She'd rag on me if I had the faster one. Lol. I can't really complain, the two I have actually do the 50mph that the speedometers say they do. And that's stock. Not too shabby for a 50cc. Thanks again.
John.