Genuine G400C

Our very own Thumper!
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

wheelbender6 wrote:Jawa has checked in with their version of the ShineRay XR thumper.
http://newatlas.com/jawa-motorcycles-35 ... age/49270/
Interesting. I didn't even know Jawa was still around. Back in my motocross days in the early 70's, Jawa was a big name in flat track (Speedway) racing.
Some people can break a crowbar in a sandbox.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

The engine looks just like the g400c. It's from the same manufacturer as the Mash 400... Shineray.
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

"Back in my motocross days in the early 70's, Jawa was a big name in flat track (Speedway) racing."
I always thought the Jawa CZ motocross bikes looked great (for a dirt bike).
The creased fuel tank looked cool.
2013 Buddy 125, Prima Pipe, #95 main jet, Orange CDI
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

wheelbender6 wrote:"Back in my motocross days in the early 70's, Jawa was a big name in flat track (Speedway) racing."
I always thought the Jawa CZ motocross bikes looked great (for a dirt bike).
The creased fuel tank looked cool.
The new Jawa is nice looking, too. It has a very nice retro look to it. I really wouldn't mind owning one of those. At all.
Attachments
Jawa 350
Jawa 350
Jawa 350 SMALL.jpg (53.41 KiB) Viewed 269802 times
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

For folks who are wondering, WTF Jawa 350? Here is a pic of timeless Jawa 350 Type 634.
Attachments
Jawa 350 Type 634
Jawa 350 Type 634
Jawa 350 Type 634 SMALL.JPG (80.15 KiB) Viewed 269797 times
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Apparently, Royal Enfield is going to make a Buddy/BuBu clone.
Attachments
RE building a Buddy?
RE building a Buddy?
buddy enfield.jpg (32.51 KiB) Viewed 269789 times
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

babblefish wrote:Apparently, Royal Enfield is going to make a Buddy/BuBu clone.
Where did you find the information that RE was building a scooter? The picture you posted is of a Buddy from the RE dealer up in Fort Worth, TX that sells Genuine Scooter products in addition to other brands.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

cummingsjc wrote:
Where did you find the information that RE was building a scooter? The picture you posted is of a Buddy from the RE dealer up in Fort Worth, TX that sells Genuine Scooter products in addition to other brands.
I know. This was a joke. I found this in an ad from Craigslist. :D
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

babblefish wrote:
cummingsjc wrote:
I know. This was a joke. I found this in an ad from Craigslist. :D
Got it. Sometimes humor gets lost in translation on the Internet. You had me going for a moment there.... ;-)
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

If Royal Enfield made a scooter, it would probably have spoked wheels and a springer seat.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

If Royal Enfield made a scooter, it would likely have the same level of reliability as an LML scooter.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

BMW G 310 R
$4750 + $245 S&H

Just another think to thing about...
Attachments
BMW G 310 R
BMW G 310 R
BMW 2018 G 310 R.jpg (35.38 KiB) Viewed 269707 times
Syd

Post by Syd »

That looks like it's got a zit. :bleh: :lol:
The majority is always sane - Nessus
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Syd wrote:That looks like it's got a zit. :bleh: :lol:
LOL! But more properly named the BMW Roundel.
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

Quite honestly, I'd like to find one of these in good condition for a fair price. Had one for a time when it first came out. Not the most powerful bike, but I sure had a lot good times on it.
Attachments
1968 Honda 350 scrambler.jpg
1968 Honda 350 scrambler.jpg (107.26 KiB) Viewed 269690 times
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

babblefish wrote:Quite honestly, I'd like to find one of these in good condition for a fair price. Had one for a time when it first came out. Not the most powerful bike, but I sure had a lot good times on it.
Even barn-fresh examples of those are commanding silly prices here on the East Coast. Folks are bobbing them and selling them for sillier and sillier prices. I learned to ride on a CB350 and always wanted to have one, but the prices for anything CB/CL from that era are sky-high. There's a guy in my town trying to sell a crappy rust bucket CL for $2500. It's crazy...
skully93

Post by skully93 »

jrsjr wrote:
babblefish wrote:Quite honestly, I'd like to find one of these in good condition for a fair price. Had one for a time when it first came out. Not the most powerful bike, but I sure had a lot good times on it.
Even barn-fresh examples of those are commanding silly prices here on the East Coast. Folks are bobbing them and selling them for sillier and sillier prices. I learned to ride on a CB350 and always wanted to have one, but the prices for anything CB/CL from that era are sky-high. There's a guy in my town trying to sell a crappy rust bucket CL for $2500. It's crazy...
Denver is a Hipster Mecca. Some kids take a perfectly nice CB series Honda, take everything that is good about it (like reliability, a comfy seat, and brakes that work), then chop it to make it a POS. After that they advertise it as a 'project bike" with not title for $4500. WHAT?
babblefish

Post by babblefish »

I know, it's sad. I see a lot of these so-called "project" bikes on my local Craigslist. It's like taking a nice original Shaker furniture and painting it lime green with stripes then calling it "art". Sad.
PhillyKick

Post by PhillyKick »

Saw one of these in the parking lot at work today, high pipes and everything. Such a cool bike.
Always ready to ride in the Philly area, hit me up.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Is there any news on the G400C? I read the ScooterFile article and I'm expecting to hear that Dealers are receiving their allotments any time now. I'm really looking forward to seeing this bike.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Crickets...
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

wheelbender6 wrote:Crickets...
Hahaha! Seriously, we know that some folks here have deposits down so we'll be the first to know. I'm really psyched to see one. I owned a Honda GB500 and I've ridden a Yamaha SR500, and a Honda Ascot FT500, so I'm a thumper guy from way back. I'm really stoked to think that a whole new generation of thumper fans is going to learn the simple joy of riding a light, narrow, simple, single-cylinder motorcycle.
Last edited by jrsjr on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Syd

Post by Syd »

I read the SYMforum, where one member's dealer told him he expected G400s in August. "They're on the boat", he said. I still haven't seen it on the CARB Executive Orders page.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

Ya word on the street is that the motorcycles were delayed yet again because of CARB. I have a deposit on mine, and the dealer offered to refund it.

I have been looking at the other bikes, but nothing ticks off the boxes as much as the G400c did for me. The Versys 650 comes close, but OTD that is about $9,500 for me. We're talking vs retail price of $4,599.

I still can't understand why other companies can bring and launch new motorcycles within a span of a few months, and it takes Genuine more than 2 years?

This has been frustrating for me, and my dealer as well.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

RoaringTodd wrote:Ya word on the street is that the motorcycles were delayed yet again because of CARB. I have a deposit on mine, and the dealer offered to refund it.

I have been looking at the other bikes, but nothing ticks off the boxes as much as the G400c did for me. The Versys 650 comes close, but OTD that is about $9,500 for me. We're talking vs retail price of $4,599.

I still can't understand why other companies can bring and launch new motorcycles within a span of a few months, and it takes Genuine more than 2 years?

This has been frustrating for me, and my dealer as well.
Sorry to hear. Just FYI, here is an example of the Honda Ascot FT500 on the Philly CList over in Reading. You never see these for the simple reason that almost every one of them ended up on a race track of some kind, roadrace or flattrack. They were cheap, crazy easy to ride, first racing bikes for a whole generation of riders. If you want to get riding right now, you can hardly go too far wrong with an Ascot. I can't vouch for this particular example, but I can tell you from personal experience they are a scream to ride.
PhillyKick

Post by PhillyKick »

jrsjr wrote: Sorry to hear. Just FYI, here is an example of the Honda Ascot FT500 on the Philly CList over in Reading. You never see these for the simple reason that almost every one of them ended up on a race track of some kind, roadrace or flattrack. They were cheap, crazy easy to ride, first racing bikes for a whole generation of riders. If you want to get riding right now, you can hardly go too far wrong with an Ascot. I can't vouch for this particular example, but I can tell you from personal experience they are a scream to ride.
Ohhhh no, get this jawn away from me and the remnants of my savings account.. I'd love a G400C, but Philly Scooters is only getting (according to them) 3, and I truly don't have the money for one (bought a house).
Always ready to ride in the Philly area, hit me up.
joebug

Buccaneers Classic?

Post by joebug »

anybody know where this Buccaneer Classic is manufactured?
Attachments
baccaneer-classic.jpg
baccaneer-classic.jpg (61.72 KiB) Viewed 269534 times
charlie55

Re: Buccaneers Classic?

Post by charlie55 »

joebug wrote:anybody know where this Buccaneer Classic is manufactured?
Yet another China bike of dubious quality.....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... -3y-p8-2oA
joebug

Post by joebug »

charlie55 wrote:

that's just too bad...
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

joebug wrote:
charlie55 wrote:

that's just too bad...
I know, right? That bike reminds me strongly of the Moto Morini 3-1/2. I remember actually seeing one in the streets of Bologna 30 years ago and completely freaking out. Everybody else was like, "Let's stroll down to the plaza and see the fountain," and I was like, "But it's a Moto Morini 3-1/2!!!" Hahaha. Oh well...
Attachments
Moto Morini 350.jpg
Moto Morini 350.jpg (75.02 KiB) Viewed 269494 times
joebug

Post by joebug »

wow...that is a close resemblence... once again though, it's just too bad the quality isn't there, although I've never seen it in person.... I'd never buy another vehicle produced in China... Taiwan is close enough. after I sell my Genuine I'm going European.
Christophers

Post by Christophers »

joebug wrote:wow...that is a close resemblence... once again though, it's just too bad the quality isn't there, although I've never seen it in person.... I'd never buy another vehicle produced in China... Taiwan is close enough. after I sell my Genuine I'm going European.
Yeah, but... a lot of offerings from "European" builders are made in China.

There are very few European builders, now, who do build all of their bikes in Europe.

What specifically are you thinking of getting?
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

Christophers wrote:There are very few European builders, now, who do build all of their bikes in Europe.
What specifically are you thinking of getting?
All Vespas sold in the United States are still assembled in Italy. They do use parts sourced from all over the world including China, of course.
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

I have seen recent model Vespas with plates underneath the seat bucket indicating they were made in China. Also, some of the Piaggio models are the same way.
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

cummingsjc wrote:I have seen recent model Vespas with plates underneath the seat bucket indicating they were made in China. Also, some of the Piaggio models are the same way.
The country of manufacture (assembly) is on the VIN plate. There are Vespa plants in Vietnam and now also India for Asia markets, but not for Europe or the US. And yes, some Piaggio models such as the Typhoon are assembled in China.
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

I read a post on another forum that the G400C has hit the showrooms but Nobody has substantiated it. My Genuine dealer hasn't received one and I have seen no press releases about it.
RoaringTodd

Post by RoaringTodd »

You do know your iPhone was manufactured in China?
joebug wrote:wow...that is a close resemblence... once again though, it's just too bad the quality isn't there, although I've never seen it in person.... I'd never buy another vehicle produced in China... Taiwan is close enough. after I sell my Genuine I'm going European.
SeattleScootNoob

Post by SeattleScootNoob »

wheelbender6 wrote:I read a post on another forum that the G400C has hit the showrooms but Nobody has substantiated it. My Genuine dealer hasn't received one and I have seen no press releases about it.
I noticed a picture of one from May 26th on the Scooterworks Chicago Facebook page. So that means it exists, right?
Dooglas

Post by Dooglas »

SeattleScootNoob wrote:I noticed a picture of one from May 26th on the Scooterworks Chicago Facebook page. So that means it exists, right?
That means it exists somewhere.
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

RoaringTodd wrote:You do know your iPhone was manufactured in China?
And that's why I never ride mine over 25. :wink:
wheelbender6

Post by wheelbender6 »

Here is a Genuine dealer in Denver that is accepting deposits on the G400C.
Notice how the write up says, "*Coming FALL 2016! ".
http://www.sportiquescooters.com/item/3 ... ycle-g400c
cummingsjc

Post by cummingsjc »

wheelbender6 wrote:Here is a Genuine dealer in Denver that is accepting deposits on the G400C.
Notice how the write up says, "*Coming FALL 2016! ".
http://www.sportiquescooters.com/item/3 ... ycle-g400c
The writer also says that those folks that give deposits before 12/31/15 will get $200 in credit. Bad cut and paste job.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Syd wrote:I read the SYMforum, where one member's dealer told him he expected G400s in August. "They're on the boat", he said. I still haven't seen it on the CARB Executive Orders page.
The update to the Executive Orders 2018 page dated 8/4/17 is just for model year 2018 bikes and there is no mention of the G400C on that list. There has not been an update to the model year Executive Orders 2017 page since the date of your post (7/13/17), but I checked it carefully anyway without any luck. I have absolutely no inside knowledge of any kind, but I would not hold my breath on this. If I were Genuine, I would concentrate on getting bikes out to non-California dealers ASAP so they can catch the end of the 2017 riding season.
Syd

Post by Syd »

jrsjr wrote:
Syd wrote:I read the SYMforum, where one member's dealer told him he expected G400s in August. "They're on the boat", he said. I still haven't seen it on the CARB Executive Orders page.
The update to the Executive Orders 2018 page dated 8/4/17 is just for model year 2018 bikes and there is no mention of the G400C on that list. There has not been an update to the model year Executive Orders 2017 page since the date of your post (7/13/17), but I checked it carefully anyway without any luck. I have absolutely no inside knowledge of any kind, but I would not hold my breath on this. If I were Genuine, I would concentrate on getting bikes out to non-California dealers ASAP so they can catch the end of the 2017 riding season.
I agree completely, which is sad. You'd think they could get their product rollouts right.
joebug

Post by joebug »

I have purchased a few scooters and quads that were produced in China and let me tell you, complete junk! now the scooters I bought were the old Honda clones such as the z50 and the ct70 and what garbage they were.....now this was several years ago, they might have upped their game but still complete waste of money... I recently bought a quad for my son made in China and again big waste of money...so those are the types of China bikes, the no name bikes I am referring to...like this buccaneer above...its a no name piece of crap... although i have never seen it, my conclusion is now based on what i have purchased in the past that doesnt have a brand name attached to it...now if Piaggio is going to put their name on it that's a different story...
babblefish

I didn't even know this existed

Post by babblefish »

Now this is interesting! SYM 250i T2: 250cc, fuel injected, 4-valve, liquid cooled, ceramic coated cylinder walls, 25HP, 87MPH top speed, 96MPG, made in Taiwan. Suppose to have adjustable ride height in order to fit more riders. Available in three colors: white, yellow, and black. Two year warranty. MSRP: $3,999. I like it.

Yes, it is available in the USA!
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/d ... 45843.html

More info: https://www.alliancepowersports.com/models/t2.html

I may wander into my local SYM dealership soon...there happens to be one in SF. :D
Attachments
sym-250-16.jpg
sym-250-16.jpg (110.81 KiB) Viewed 269283 times
sym250.jpg
sym250.jpg (132.23 KiB) Viewed 269271 times
k1dude

Post by k1dude »

I have to admit that's a pretty nice bike at a great price. 96mpg? I doubt it.

jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

Pssst! Don't tell anybody, but Genuine has a G400C page up on their site. Just don't try to find a link to it from their home page. And don't tell anybody because it's a secret! :wink:
charlie55

Post by charlie55 »

They probably got smart and stuck them in the back of a Honda container.
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus

Post by jrsjr »

I also tracked down the EPA certification reference on the G400C. It's a bit hard to read, so I reformatted it. In the interest of full disclosure (and a couple interesting tidbits hiding in the data), here is the relevant info about the G400C from the EPA database.

Category - Highway Motorcycle - III(>-279cc)
Certificate No. - HSRUC.397TTH-001
Engine Family - HSRUC.397TTH
Manufacturer Name - SRM USA, Inc.
Engine OEM MFR - Chongqing Shineray Motorcycle Co., Ltd.
Engine OEM Country - P. R. China
Vehicle OEM MFR - Chongqing Shineray Motorcycle Co., Ltd.
Vehicle OEM Country - P. R. China
Small Volume Manufacturer Type - NA
Application Type - COR
Sales Area - 50S+49S
Combustion Cycle - 4
No. of Cylinders - 1
Valve per Cylinder - 2
Fuel Type - GAS
Engine Displacment(S) - 397
Fuel System Type - TBI
Air/Fuel Feedback Sensor? - Y
No of Carburetors - NA
Other Fuel System -
Air Aspiration Type Other Air Aspiration Type - NA
Air Injection Type Other Air Injection Type -
Charge Air Cooler Y/N - N
Electronic Control - ECM
EGR - Y/N - N
Catalytic Converter - Y/N - Y
Catalyst Type - Three Way Catalyst (TWC), single-bed, closed-loop warm up
Models Certified - G400A, G400C, G400CR, G400S, XY400-C, XY400GY-C
(6 models of this machine are covered by this cert)

Exhaust Test Procedure - FTP_C
Emission Measurement Unit - G/KM
ABT Engine Family - N
Exhaust FEL - HC -
Exhaust FEL - HC+NOx -
Exhaust FEL - CO -
EDV Type - NEW
EDV Model - XY400-C
EDV VIN - LXYS1PDE1F0358994 (Now you know what your VIN will look like)
EDV Engine Code - 185YMQ (We always hear about GY6 scooter motors, this is that code for the G400C's motor)
EDV Engine Displacement - cc - 397
EDV Rated Power - 19.5 (Hey guys, this calculates out to 26.15 Horsepower)
Power Units - kW
EDV EIM - 240
EDV Rated RPM - 7000
EDV Road Load Force (N) - 123
EDV Transmission Type - M
EDV Transmission - No. Speeds - 5
EDV N/V Ratio - 80
DF Type - M
DF-HC - 1.000
DF-NOX - 1.000
DF-HC+NOX - 1.000
DF-CO - 1.000
Low Hour GHG CO2 - 83
Low Hour GHG CH4 - 0.016
Low Hour GHG N2O - 0.059
Certification Level - CO - 3.7
Certification Level - NOx -
Certification Level - HC -
Certification Level - HC+NOx - 0.4
Permeation-Tank CBD Y/N Permeation-Fuel Line CBD Y/N -
Fuel Tank Material -

And that's what I have. What would be really interesting would be to know whether the above pollution numbers would pass muster in California. Does anybody here speak CARB?

P.S. Something I don't see in the above record is any mention of Genuine Scooter Co. At all.