Forums
 FAQHelp  LinksLinks    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genuine G400C
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  
Author Message
babblefish
Member


Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 2757
Location: San Francisco
2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheelbender6 wrote:
Jawa has checked in with their version of the ShineRay XR thumper.
http://newatlas.com/jawa-motorcycles-350-ohc-660-vintage/49270/


Interesting. I didn't even know Jawa was still around. Back in my motocross days in the early 70's, Jawa was a big name in flat track (Speedway) racing.

_________________
Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
RoaringTodd
Member


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 658
Location: Philly, PA
'04 Stella GB150 '15 Roughhouse '17 Versys 650.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The engine looks just like the g400c. It's from the same manufacturer as the Mash 400... Shineray.
_________________
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
wheelbender6
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2013
Posts: 538
Location: Houston area
Genuine Buddy 125

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Back in my motocross days in the early 70's, Jawa was a big name in flat track (Speedway) racing."
I always thought the Jawa CZ motocross bikes looked great (for a dirt bike).
The creased fuel tank looked cool.

_________________
"It's not WHAT you ride, but THAT you ride" - unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheelbender6 wrote:
"Back in my motocross days in the early 70's, Jawa was a big name in flat track (Speedway) racing."
I always thought the Jawa CZ motocross bikes looked great (for a dirt bike).
The creased fuel tank looked cool.

The new Jawa is nice looking, too. It has a very nice retro look to it. I really wouldn't mind owning one of those. At all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For folks who are wondering, WTF Jawa 350? Here is a pic of timeless Jawa 350 Type 634.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
babblefish
Member


Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 2757
Location: San Francisco
2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, Royal Enfield is going to make a Buddy/BuBu clone.
_________________
Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
cummingsjc
Member


Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 314
Location: College Station, TX
Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

babblefish wrote:
Apparently, Royal Enfield is going to make a Buddy/BuBu clone.


Where did you find the information that RE was building a scooter? The picture you posted is of a Buddy from the RE dealer up in Fort Worth, TX that sells Genuine Scooter products in addition to other brands.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
babblefish
Member


Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 2757
Location: San Francisco
2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cummingsjc wrote:
babblefish wrote:
Apparently, Royal Enfield is going to make a Buddy/BuBu clone.


Where did you find the information that RE was building a scooter? The picture you posted is of a Buddy from the RE dealer up in Fort Worth, TX that sells Genuine Scooter products in addition to other brands.


I know. This was a joke. I found this in an ad from Craigslist. Very Happy

_________________
Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
cummingsjc
Member


Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 314
Location: College Station, TX
Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babblefish wrote:
cummingsjc wrote:
babblefish wrote:
Apparently, Royal Enfield is going to make a Buddy/BuBu clone.


Where did you find the information that RE was building a scooter? The picture you posted is of a Buddy from the RE dealer up in Fort Worth, TX that sells Genuine Scooter products in addition to other brands.


I know. This was a joke. I found this in an ad from Craigslist. Very Happy


Got it. Sometimes humor gets lost in translation on the Internet. You had me going for a moment there.... Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
wheelbender6
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2013
Posts: 538
Location: Houston area
Genuine Buddy 125

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Royal Enfield made a scooter, it would probably have spoked wheels and a springer seat.
_________________
"It's not WHAT you ride, but THAT you ride" - unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Dooglas
Member


Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 4078
Location: Oregon City, OR
Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Royal Enfield made a scooter, it would likely have the same level of reliability as an LML scooter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BMW G 310 R
$4750 + $245 S&H

Just another think to thing about...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
Syd
Member


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 4548
Location: Tempe
'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like it's got a zit. Bleh Laughing
_________________
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syd wrote:
That looks like it's got a zit. Bleh Laughing

LOL! But more properly named the BMW Roundel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
babblefish
Member


Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 2757
Location: San Francisco
2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite honestly, I'd like to find one of these in good condition for a fair price. Had one for a time when it first came out. Not the most powerful bike, but I sure had a lot good times on it.
_________________
Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babblefish wrote:
Quite honestly, I'd like to find one of these in good condition for a fair price. Had one for a time when it first came out. Not the most powerful bike, but I sure had a lot good times on it.

Even barn-fresh examples of those are commanding silly prices here on the East Coast. Folks are bobbing them and selling them for sillier and sillier prices. I learned to ride on a CB350 and always wanted to have one, but the prices for anything CB/CL from that era are sky-high. There's a guy in my town trying to sell a crappy rust bucket CL for $2500. It's crazy...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
skully93
Member


Joined: 31 Dec 2011
Posts: 2571
Location: Denver CO
currently 09 Buddy Italia, Honda CTX700DCT

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrsjr wrote:
babblefish wrote:
Quite honestly, I'd like to find one of these in good condition for a fair price. Had one for a time when it first came out. Not the most powerful bike, but I sure had a lot good times on it.

Even barn-fresh examples of those are commanding silly prices here on the East Coast. Folks are bobbing them and selling them for sillier and sillier prices. I learned to ride on a CB350 and always wanted to have one, but the prices for anything CB/CL from that era are sky-high. There's a guy in my town trying to sell a crappy rust bucket CL for $2500. It's crazy...


Denver is a Hipster Mecca. Some kids take a perfectly nice CB series Honda, take everything that is good about it (like reliability, a comfy seat, and brakes that work), then chop it to make it a POS. After that they advertise it as a 'project bike" with not title for $4500. WHAT?

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
babblefish
Member


Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 2757
Location: San Francisco
2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, it's sad. I see a lot of these so-called "project" bikes on my local Craigslist. It's like taking a nice original Shaker furniture and painting it lime green with stripes then calling it "art". Sad.
_________________
Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
PhillyKick
Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2016
Posts: 115
Location: Philadelphia
'17 Buddy Kick

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babblefish wrote:
Quite honestly, I'd like to find one of these in good condition for a fair price. Had one for a time when it first came out. Not the most powerful bike, but I sure had a lot good times on it.


Saw one of these in the parking lot at work today, high pipes and everything. Such a cool bike.

_________________
Always ready to ride in the Philly area, hit me up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any news on the G400C? I read the ScooterFile article and I'm expecting to hear that Dealers are receiving their allotments any time now. I'm really looking forward to seeing this bike.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
wheelbender6
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2013
Posts: 538
Location: Houston area
Genuine Buddy 125

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickets...
_________________
"It's not WHAT you ride, but THAT you ride" - unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheelbender6 wrote:
Crickets...

Hahaha! Seriously, we know that some folks here have deposits down so we'll be the first to know. I'm really psyched to see one. I owned a Honda GB500 and I've ridden a Yamaha SR500, and a Honda Ascot FT500, so I'm a thumper guy from way back. I'm really stoked to think that a whole new generation of thumper fans is going to learn the simple joy of riding a light, narrow, simple, single-cylinder motorcycle.


Last edited by jrsjr on Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
Syd
Member


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 4548
Location: Tempe
'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the SYMforum, where one member's dealer told him he expected G400s in August. "They're on the boat", he said. I still haven't seen it on the CARB Executive Orders page.
_________________
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
RoaringTodd
Member


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 658
Location: Philly, PA
'04 Stella GB150 '15 Roughhouse '17 Versys 650.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya word on the street is that the motorcycles were delayed yet again because of CARB. I have a deposit on mine, and the dealer offered to refund it.

I have been looking at the other bikes, but nothing ticks off the boxes as much as the G400c did for me. The Versys 650 comes close, but OTD that is about $9,500 for me. We're talking vs retail price of $4,599.

I still can't understand why other companies can bring and launch new motorcycles within a span of a few months, and it takes Genuine more than 2 years?

This has been frustrating for me, and my dealer as well.

_________________
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoaringTodd wrote:
Ya word on the street is that the motorcycles were delayed yet again because of CARB. I have a deposit on mine, and the dealer offered to refund it.

I have been looking at the other bikes, but nothing ticks off the boxes as much as the G400c did for me. The Versys 650 comes close, but OTD that is about $9,500 for me. We're talking vs retail price of $4,599.

I still can't understand why other companies can bring and launch new motorcycles within a span of a few months, and it takes Genuine more than 2 years?

This has been frustrating for me, and my dealer as well.

Sorry to hear. Just FYI, here is an example of the Honda Ascot FT500 on the Philly CList over in Reading. You never see these for the simple reason that almost every one of them ended up on a race track of some kind, roadrace or flattrack. They were cheap, crazy easy to ride, first racing bikes for a whole generation of riders. If you want to get riding right now, you can hardly go too far wrong with an Ascot. I can't vouch for this particular example, but I can tell you from personal experience they are a scream to ride.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
PhillyKick
Member


Joined: 24 Aug 2016
Posts: 115
Location: Philadelphia
'17 Buddy Kick

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrsjr wrote:

Sorry to hear. Just FYI, here is an example of the Honda Ascot FT500 on the Philly CList over in Reading. You never see these for the simple reason that almost every one of them ended up on a race track of some kind, roadrace or flattrack. They were cheap, crazy easy to ride, first racing bikes for a whole generation of riders. If you want to get riding right now, you can hardly go too far wrong with an Ascot. I can't vouch for this particular example, but I can tell you from personal experience they are a scream to ride.


Ohhhh no, get this jawn away from me and the remnants of my savings account.. I'd love a G400C, but Philly Scooters is only getting (according to them) 3, and I truly don't have the money for one (bought a house).

_________________
Always ready to ride in the Philly area, hit me up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
joebug
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2017
Posts: 86
Location: Hudson Valley, New York
2012 Vespa GTS300 Super '06 Aprilia Scarabeo 250

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Buccaneers Classic? Reply with quote

anybody know where this Buccaneer Classic is manufactured?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
charlie55
Member


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 1882
Location: New Jersey
'06 Blur (Sold) '05 Honda Helix (Sold) '76 CB125S (Sold) '06 Honda Helix

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Classic? Reply with quote

joebug wrote:
anybody know where this Buccaneer Classic is manufactured?


Yet another China bike of dubious quality.....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ssr/2017-ssr-buccaneer-cafe-review.html&ved=0ahUKEwjryKL_wovVAhXBVT4KHbInDz0QFggcMAA&usg=AFQjCNH57VxAI4pNozmAow89-3y-p8-2oA

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
joebug
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2017
Posts: 86
Location: Hudson Valley, New York
2012 Vespa GTS300 Super '06 Aprilia Scarabeo 250

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Classic? Reply with quote

charlie55 wrote:
joebug wrote:
anybody know where this Buccaneer Classic is manufactured?


Yet another China bike of dubious quality.....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ssr/2017-ssr-buccaneer-cafe-review.html&ved=0ahUKEwjryKL_wovVAhXBVT4KHbInDz0QFggcMAA&usg=AFQjCNH57VxAI4pNozmAow89-3y-p8-2oA


that's just too bad...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:45 am    Post subject: Re: Buccaneers Classic? Reply with quote

joebug wrote:
charlie55 wrote:
joebug wrote:
anybody know where this Buccaneer Classic is manufactured?


Yet another China bike of dubious quality.....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/ssr/2017-ssr-buccaneer-cafe-review.html&ved=0ahUKEwjryKL_wovVAhXBVT4KHbInDz0QFggcMAA&usg=AFQjCNH57VxAI4pNozmAow89-3y-p8-2oA


that's just too bad...

I know, right? That bike reminds me strongly of the Moto Morini 3-1/2. I remember actually seeing one in the streets of Bologna 30 years ago and completely freaking out. Everybody else was like, "Let's stroll down to the plaza and see the fountain," and I was like, "But it's a Moto Morini 3-1/2!!!" Hahaha. Oh well...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
joebug
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2017
Posts: 86
Location: Hudson Valley, New York
2012 Vespa GTS300 Super '06 Aprilia Scarabeo 250

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow...that is a close resemblence... once again though, it's just too bad the quality isn't there, although I've never seen it in person.... I'd never buy another vehicle produced in China... Taiwan is close enough. after I sell my Genuine I'm going European.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Christophers
Member


Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Posts: 587
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Psycho

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joebug wrote:
wow...that is a close resemblence... once again though, it's just too bad the quality isn't there, although I've never seen it in person.... I'd never buy another vehicle produced in China... Taiwan is close enough. after I sell my Genuine I'm going European.


Yeah, but... a lot of offerings from "European" builders are made in China.

There are very few European builders, now, who do build all of their bikes in Europe.

What specifically are you thinking of getting?

_________________
If this is your first day with PSYCHO, you have to ride.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Dooglas
Member


Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 4078
Location: Oregon City, OR
Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christophers wrote:
There are very few European builders, now, who do build all of their bikes in Europe.
What specifically are you thinking of getting?

All Vespas sold in the United States are still assembled in Italy. They do use parts sourced from all over the world including China, of course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
cummingsjc
Member


Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 314
Location: College Station, TX
Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen recent model Vespas with plates underneath the seat bucket indicating they were made in China. Also, some of the Piaggio models are the same way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Dooglas
Member


Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 4078
Location: Oregon City, OR
Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cummingsjc wrote:
I have seen recent model Vespas with plates underneath the seat bucket indicating they were made in China. Also, some of the Piaggio models are the same way.

The country of manufacture (assembly) is on the VIN plate. There are Vespa plants in Vietnam and now also India for Asia markets, but not for Europe or the US. And yes, some Piaggio models such as the Typhoon are assembled in China.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
wheelbender6
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2013
Posts: 538
Location: Houston area
Genuine Buddy 125

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read a post on another forum that the G400C has hit the showrooms but Nobody has substantiated it. My Genuine dealer hasn't received one and I have seen no press releases about it.
_________________
"It's not WHAT you ride, but THAT you ride" - unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
RoaringTodd
Member


Joined: 23 Jul 2012
Posts: 658
Location: Philly, PA
'04 Stella GB150 '15 Roughhouse '17 Versys 650.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know your iPhone was manufactured in China?

joebug wrote:
wow...that is a close resemblence... once again though, it's just too bad the quality isn't there, although I've never seen it in person.... I'd never buy another vehicle produced in China... Taiwan is close enough. after I sell my Genuine I'm going European.

_________________
Just because I am Deaf ... does not mean I can't roar.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
SeattleScootNoob
Member


Joined: 27 Apr 2016
Posts: 4
Location: Seattle, WA 98102
2014 Genuine Buddy 50

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheelbender6 wrote:
I read a post on another forum that the G400C has hit the showrooms but Nobody has substantiated it. My Genuine dealer hasn't received one and I have seen no press releases about it.


I noticed a picture of one from May 26th on the Scooterworks Chicago Facebook page. So that means it exists, right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
Dooglas
Member


Joined: 08 Jul 2007
Posts: 4078
Location: Oregon City, OR
Buddy 125, GTS300, Typhoon 125

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeattleScootNoob wrote:
I noticed a picture of one from May 26th on the Scooterworks Chicago Facebook page. So that means it exists, right?

That means it exists somewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
charlie55
Member


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 1882
Location: New Jersey
'06 Blur (Sold) '05 Honda Helix (Sold) '76 CB125S (Sold) '06 Honda Helix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoaringTodd wrote:
You do know your iPhone was manufactured in China?

joebug wrote:
wow...that is a close resemblence... once again though, it's just too bad the quality isn't there, although I've never seen it in person.... I'd never buy another vehicle produced in China... Taiwan is close enough. after I sell my Genuine I'm going European.


And that's why I never ride mine over 25. Wink

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
wheelbender6
Member


Joined: 07 Jul 2013
Posts: 538
Location: Houston area
Genuine Buddy 125

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a Genuine dealer in Denver that is accepting deposits on the G400C.
Notice how the write up says, "*Coming FALL 2016! ".
http://www.sportiquescooters.com/item/389-genuine-400-classic-motorcycle-g400c

_________________
"It's not WHAT you ride, but THAT you ride" - unknown
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
cummingsjc
Member


Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 314
Location: College Station, TX
Genuine Buddy 50cc, Genuine Mean Cat, Piaggio MP3-500 (Desert Camo), MP3-400 (Pinky)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheelbender6 wrote:
Here is a Genuine dealer in Denver that is accepting deposits on the G400C.
Notice how the write up says, "*Coming FALL 2016! ".
http://www.sportiquescooters.com/item/389-genuine-400-classic-motorcycle-g400c


The writer also says that those folks that give deposits before 12/31/15 will get $200 in credit. Bad cut and paste job.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syd wrote:
I read the SYMforum, where one member's dealer told him he expected G400s in August. "They're on the boat", he said. I still haven't seen it on the CARB Executive Orders page.

The update to the Executive Orders 2018 page dated 8/4/17 is just for model year 2018 bikes and there is no mention of the G400C on that list. There has not been an update to the model year Executive Orders 2017 page since the date of your post (7/13/17), but I checked it carefully anyway without any luck. I have absolutely no inside knowledge of any kind, but I would not hold my breath on this. If I were Genuine, I would concentrate on getting bikes out to non-California dealers ASAP so they can catch the end of the 2017 riding season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
Syd
Member


Joined: 18 Jul 2007
Posts: 4548
Location: Tempe
'09 GTS250

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrsjr wrote:
Syd wrote:
I read the SYMforum, where one member's dealer told him he expected G400s in August. "They're on the boat", he said. I still haven't seen it on the CARB Executive Orders page.

The update to the Executive Orders 2018 page dated 8/4/17 is just for model year 2018 bikes and there is no mention of the G400C on that list. There has not been an update to the model year Executive Orders 2017 page since the date of your post (7/13/17), but I checked it carefully anyway without any luck. I have absolutely no inside knowledge of any kind, but I would not hold my breath on this. If I were Genuine, I would concentrate on getting bikes out to non-California dealers ASAP so they can catch the end of the 2017 riding season.
I agree completely, which is sad. You'd think they could get their product rollouts right.
_________________
The majority is always sane - Nessus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
joebug
Member


Joined: 25 Jan 2017
Posts: 86
Location: Hudson Valley, New York
2012 Vespa GTS300 Super '06 Aprilia Scarabeo 250

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have purchased a few scooters and quads that were produced in China and let me tell you, complete junk! now the scooters I bought were the old Honda clones such as the z50 and the ct70 and what garbage they were.....now this was several years ago, they might have upped their game but still complete waste of money... I recently bought a quad for my son made in China and again big waste of money...so those are the types of China bikes, the no name bikes I am referring to...like this buccaneer above...its a no name piece of crap... although i have never seen it, my conclusion is now based on what i have purchased in the past that doesnt have a brand name attached to it...now if Piaggio is going to put their name on it that's a different story...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
babblefish
Member


Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 2757
Location: San Francisco
2006 Blur 180, 2008 Buddy St. Tropez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: I didn't even know this existed Reply with quote

Now this is interesting! SYM 250i T2: 250cc, fuel injected, 4-valve, liquid cooled, ceramic coated cylinder walls, 25HP, 87MPH top speed, 96MPG, made in Taiwan. Suppose to have adjustable ride height in order to fit more riders. Available in three colors: white, yellow, and black. Two year warranty. MSRP: $3,999. I like it.

Yes, it is available in the USA!
https://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/d/sym-250-t2/6259945843.html

More info: https://www.alliancepowersports.com/models/t2.html

I may wander into my local SYM dealership soon...there happens to be one in SF. Very Happy

_________________
Youth and talent are no match for age and treachery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
k1dude
Member


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 2342
Location: Northern California
'08 Orange Buddy 125

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that's a pretty nice bike at a great price. 96mpg? I doubt it.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssst! Don't tell anybody, but Genuine has a G400C page up on their site. Just don't try to find a link to it from their home page. And don't tell anybody because it's a secret! Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
charlie55
Member


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 1882
Location: New Jersey
'06 Blur (Sold) '05 Honda Helix (Sold) '76 CB125S (Sold) '06 Honda Helix

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They probably got smart and stuck them in the back of a Honda container.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message  
jrsjr
Moderator Emeritus


Joined: 09 Jun 2006
Posts: 3843


PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also tracked down the EPA certification reference on the G400C. It's a bit hard to read, so I reformatted it. In the interest of full disclosure (and a couple interesting tidbits hiding in the data), here is the relevant info about the G400C from the EPA database.

Category - Highway Motorcycle - III(>-279cc)
Certificate No. - HSRUC.397TTH-001
Engine Family - HSRUC.397TTH
Manufacturer Name - SRM USA, Inc.
Engine OEM MFR - Chongqing Shineray Motorcycle Co., Ltd.
Engine OEM Country - P. R. China
Vehicle OEM MFR - Chongqing Shineray Motorcycle Co., Ltd.
Vehicle OEM Country - P. R. China
Small Volume Manufacturer Type - NA
Application Type - COR
Sales Area - 50S+49S
Combustion Cycle - 4
No. of Cylinders - 1
Valve per Cylinder - 2
Fuel Type - GAS
Engine Displacment(S) - 397
Fuel System Type - TBI
Air/Fuel Feedback Sensor? - Y
No of Carburetors - NA
Other Fuel System -
Air Aspiration Type Other Air Aspiration Type - NA
Air Injection Type Other Air Injection Type -
Charge Air Cooler Y/N - N
Electronic Control - ECM
EGR - Y/N - N
Catalytic Converter - Y/N - Y
Catalyst Type - Three Way Catalyst (TWC), single-bed, closed-loop warm up
Models Certified - G400A, G400C, G400CR, G400S, XY400-C, XY400GY-C
(6 models of this machine are covered by this cert)

Exhaust Test Procedure - FTP_C
Emission Measurement Unit - G/KM
ABT Engine Family - N
Exhaust FEL - HC -
Exhaust FEL - HC+NOx -
Exhaust FEL - CO -
EDV Type - NEW
EDV Model - XY400-C
EDV VIN - LXYS1PDE1F0358994 (Now you know what your VIN will look like)
EDV Engine Code - 185YMQ (We always hear about GY6 scooter motors, this is that code for the G400C's motor)
EDV Engine Displacement - cc - 397
EDV Rated Power - 19.5 (Hey guys, this calculates out to 26.15 Horsepower)
Power Units - kW
EDV EIM - 240
EDV Rated RPM - 7000
EDV Road Load Force (N) - 123
EDV Transmission Type - M
EDV Transmission - No. Speeds - 5
EDV N/V Ratio - 80
DF Type - M
DF-HC - 1.000
DF-NOX - 1.000
DF-HC+NOX - 1.000
DF-CO - 1.000
Low Hour GHG CO2 - 83
Low Hour GHG CH4 - 0.016
Low Hour GHG N2O - 0.059
Certification Level - CO - 3.7
Certification Level - NOx -
Certification Level - HC -
Certification Level - HC+NOx - 0.4
Permeation-Tank CBD Y/N Permeation-Fuel Line CBD Y/N -
Fuel Tank Material -

And that's what I have. What would be really interesting would be to know whether the above pollution numbers would pass muster in California. Does anybody here speak CARB?

P.S. Something I don't see in the above record is any mention of Genuine Scooter Co. At all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message [ Hidden ]
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forums » General Discussion Previous topic :: Next topic  Time: GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

  Scootergear designed by riders for riders


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
All Content Copyright 2007-2011 by Modern Buddy. All Rights Reserved.